Custom Map: CW is FUN!

Started by AutoPost, March 19, 2011, 02:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

Sorry, I shoulda quoted that... And I just thought of a better map where Thor is essential... If I can find it. It's the too much for Thor maze. And I removed my post.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ebon Heart

Here we are, I don't believe this map can be beaten without Thor. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=2799 I really shouldn't have used one of my maps as an example... But it was the first example of a map where Thor is essential I could think of... Besides Loki of course. XD (even if you get totems and everything, the city just sits there without Thor)

Michionlion

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 20, 2011, 02:58:46 PM
Here we are, I don't believe this map can be beaten without Thor. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=2799 I really shouldn't have used one of my maps as an example... But it was the first example of a map where Thor is essential I could think of... Besides Loki of course. XD (even if you get totems and everything, the city just sits there without Thor)

not true (ok, not anymore). try it
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

Dangit,  well Loki still requires Thor. :P

Grauniad

Loki does NOT require Thor.

There are videos on YouTube proving this.

Virgil even coded special-case responses for the condition when Loki is beat without building Thor.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

?? I've opened the rift on Loki without Thor and it just sat there with a black hole in the center of the map. To my knowledge you can do everything except leave without Thor.

mthw2vc

Ever tried doing it in a version after 0346?

Ebon Heart

That must be it! I beat it on my laptop, which had an older version of the game installed... I need to do it with a more recent path now, don't I? *grumbles*

Grauniad

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 20, 2011, 05:28:52 PM
?? I've opened the rift on Loki without Thor and it just sat there with a black hole in the center of the map. To my knowledge you can do everything except leave without Thor.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=creeper+loki&aq=f

Several of these document it. And mthw2vc  is correct. You have to do it with an up-to-date version. Which, of course you have?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

I'll try it soon... The version I beat I on was a bit older. 
EDIT: watches the video... That's no fair! He got a compliment from knuckle cracker, where as I just got bored. XD

Link327

lulz. Ive beaten Loki on 6 different ways:
1.) Building Thor, let it on map, no double down
2.) not building Thor, no double down
3.) Building Thor, destroy it before rift opens, no double down
4.) Building Thor, let it on map, double down active
5.) Building Thor, destroy it before rift opens, double down active
6.) Not building Thor, double down active

That are all possibilitys. Who of you thought about destroying Thor right before rift opens?
Link327

Ebon Heart

I've done it!  I've done it the normal way; no thor; no thor, no drones, no mortars; and speed a decent speed run, getting the thor tech about 30 seconds after it appeared, and building the thor right after.

Link327

Do it all six ways.
With all possibilitys to cahnge the Thor-Options and double down^^ it#s evrytime something other even the
- Thor survive till the end
- Thor destroy before rift opens
only decide in the end dialog.
But I think, tahts at least my opinion, Loki without Thor on double down is easier than tucana on normal mode.
Link327

Ebon Heart

Tucana was pretty easy... And I don't have double down. :( Loki with no mortars and no thor is the hardest I've done. There's a reason it tells you to build those things at the beginning...
EDIT: I didn't use drones either. forgot to mention that.

Link327

you dont have double down?!?
That means that you havent played to game through. You never completed it!
You get if for getting all achievements, so complete all story's, all Special Ops and all Conquests.
Hey I completed it, shoudlnt be any problem for you.
Link327