Custom Map: Old foes part 4

Started by AutoPost, March 16, 2011, 10:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Old foes part 4

Author: Ebon_Heart

Desc:
You've landed on ara, to find the second of the 3 human cities perched on top of the large terra scuplture, and the creeper coming in large bursts. Connect to the city quickly, using relays right at the start. and use their weapons and resources for a win! (kind of a slog, I'm sorry.)

Ebon Heart

Get to the other city fast by building relays right away, like within the first .5 seconds.  Besides that, get some defenses up at your own city too. And of course, maintain that link between the cities! Sorry if it's a bit of a slog... I promise the next map won't take as long. And please, no spoilers. I'm sure everyOne can figure this one out for their own. I might do a spoiler once more people have tried it though, but don't ruin this map!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ebon Heart

I almost forgot about my plot update!
Old Foes part 1: Shortly after Loki, you fly to a nearby planet, with remarkably similar characteristics, and are attecked by the creeper nexus, this version of it having absorbed some energy from the black hole it was sucked into.  You flee, and Platius tells you to retrieve your thor tech, which the nexus has hidden away on hope.
Old Foes part 2: You land on hope and must fight around the mountain to get to your thor tech (thanks to the stupid pilot...) On the way, you find some survivors, who tell you of 3 remaining human cities, that have flown to tucana, ara, and draco.  When you get the thor tech, you build it in time to meet the charge of some very powerful emitters, and hold them back long enough to rift out while the thor tech covers your escape.  After you go through the rift though, headed for tucana to save one of the 3 remaining cities, the thor tech doesn't follow yo
Old Foes part 3: You find that the thor weapon, and the tech, were both sucked into a black hole, after recieving a partially clear message from the pilot. Scans indicate that it is located back where you first met the nexus.  You decide to deal with it later, and focus on saving the human cities.  You manage to hold back the creeper long enough to get to the survivors of the city and save them, then get off the planet.  You then head off to ara, which brings us up to the current mission.
EDIT: alright, 10 scores, that oughta do it! feel free to comment and complain, post spoilers, whatever you want. Get the word out!
Spoiler
Don't try to connect to the other city... it will be your doom!
[close]

CtopherMI

Okay, it took a few starts, and yes, your directions to hold the city accounted for about 6 more restarts ::)

Spoiler
Connect, then scavenge the remains.
[close]

I'm sure if I tried again I could improve my time, as I held back for a very, very long time building energy for the final push.

Ebon Heart

lmao, I made it so that... you start to get there, and the city blows up. What you should really do is just build defenses around Odin city, I put those instructions in to confuse people... I presumed after the first time they'd get it though. And it is possible to connect to parts of the other city?? I didn't even realize that. lol

CtopherMI

Yes, it is possible to connect to the city before it blows up.
Spoiler
If you build storage instead of defenses and shut off the ammo you can actually steal some energy just before the explosion.  Just grab the blasters and mortars and you have all the defenses you need for a while.
[close]
But now that explains the message you left about people being killed in the initial explosion....  That hadn't happened yet, so it didn't make sense LOL

Ebon Heart

lmao, wow...
Spoiler
I thought the fact that emitters went off inside the city would have made it pretty clear that you weren't supposed to be able to do that.
[close]

Katra

Spoiler
To connect to the city; build two collectors straight north from the ring around OC; then one jogged to the right to fit in the notch in the step. If you're quick with your pause to build you'll connect with a second or three to spare before the big kaboom. (You'll  have energy for one unit or a couple collectors besides those to connect to the city.)
[close]
;D
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Ebon Heart

When building this, that was not my intention at all. I meant for people to die their first attempt when the city got blown up.

smchawk

This map kicked my a$$. Spent about 8 tries trying to figure out how to connect the city before reading spoilers.

Ebon Heart

lmao, :D Just make a solid defense right away, then work towards the city. There's no survival pods there, just an artifact for plot advancement that doesn't make any sense if you do it the "wrong" way.