Custom Map: The Siege

Started by AutoPost, October 12, 2010, 10:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The Siege

Author: Osiris

Desc:
Inspired by "Scorp's D-Day" ( http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=254&page= )

Heavy revamp to give it more of a slugfest type experience. (This means it's designed to take a while, don't play it if you want a fast map.)

I didn't know what difficulty to give it, but since I was able to beat it it can't be TOO hard. :)

Please comment! This is my first upload and i want feedback!

Blaze

Very similar, but different enough to pass for me.
Mostly because my first map was a complete copy of someone else's map that I changed to make it fit the title a bit more, a lot more, but that started a little battle over it.

Either way, thats a long time ago.
Sorry for that, but about your map, it's good, I like long fights though.

Osiris

i suspect that ppl getting such good times are moving the locked city...

if not please send me a PM about how you managed it! i want to know so i can learn too  ;)

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Osiris on October 13, 2010, 01:39:51 PM
i suspect that ppl getting such good times are moving the locked city...

if not please send me a PM about how you managed it! i want to know so i can learn too  ;)

You can't unlock the city.

I would have gotten a better score but I didn't go after the speed upgrade before the walls came down.

Hint: Build energy and don't try to engage the creeper too soon.

Osiris

Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on October 13, 2010, 09:46:53 PM
You can't unlock the city.

I would have gotten a better score but I didn't go after the speed upgrade before the walls came down.

Hint: Build energy and don't try to engage the creeper too soon.

i know you cant unlock it, but there is a glitch where you can move it before the game 'starts' and its locked

as for the speed tech, i think i have it set to where you cant get at it before the creeper takes out the walls there

did you just sit and build reactors early? did you bridge over the north creeper pool for the mortar tech or use blasters to clear a path on the lower lvl? were you able to maintain a foothold on the 2nd rise after the creeper broke the walls?

snowmaker (JM)

I maintained a foothold on the 2nd rise and had a total of 4 upgrades before the big creeper rush. I probably could have had all 6 upgrades, but I am not too concerned about the movement and increased shooting speed upgrades.

Reactors are necessary, but only after building collectors (quick energy).

edit... simplified comments

fridge

complete crazy but very funny to beat the time of melissa, I took upgrades before building more, greets