Very profitable idea and suggestions!

Started by TiamatStudios, January 18, 2010, 12:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiamatStudios

Oh its fine even if he doesnt, i just have seen how much it helps to have one with the altitude team. Originally it was 2 friends making a little java game, then they decided to make it have graphics. They improved all the coding, got people to help with graphics and to make maps. And now they are on steam and have over 130 servers and an average of some 60+ online players. They ended their beta and listed on steam just December of 2009 so thats pretty impressive. But they did do beta testing for about 1-2 years which is a great way to get new players. Instead of charging this early on i think the ideal would be to give a free full version thats beta then once its ready to distribute remove the beta version and put the full version for $10 on steam or such. I helped with beta testing of altitude is why i know the start of it. It is fun to user created content become pretty popular, shows that not just profession game makers can make good games and profit from them as well!

TiamatStudios

Well im logging out for today, thanks for the comments, hope my suggestions help! Have a great day!