Custom Map #11211: Funtime DMD map #6774 Easy & Hard Challange. By: Oldnewby

Started by AutoPost, July 24, 2024, 02:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11211: Funtime DMD map #6774 Easy & Hard Challange

Author: Oldnewby
Size: 193x193

Desc:
Haven't seen any of this type of map in Collonial Space for a long time... Here is an opportunity to learn an unusual game playing technique... Play it the standard hard way then the fast easy way as a challange...

oldnewby

Great score time Martin... Now its time for you to show us how to do the map the hard way... 
Spoiler
Once started it seems to be getting easier...
               https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3296745629
[close]
Spoiler
Don't despair if everything gets wiped out after just a few seconds... Just maybe.. the spore towers have targeted enough of your units and help is on the way...
[close]

Loren Pechtel

How is there a hard way?

I started with a conventional approach in the only reasonably clear area--the upper right.  It was very easy.  Direct assault is even easier.  How do you do hard??

oldnewby

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on July 26, 2024, 03:33:47 PMHow is there a hard way?

I started with a conventional approach in the only reasonably clear area--the upper right.  It was very easy.  Direct assault is even easier.  How do you do hard??
For the HARD WAY... just start anywhere on the East (Left Hand) side...  Upper Right is the easy- fast- way...  The Spoiler info above shows that it is possible to start in the bottom Left hand side... Starting on the upper left hand side is also possible but a lot harder...
Spoiler
I am working on a Plan to start in the bottom Left Hand Side per the above Spoiler Image... but using a COMBINED ARMS attack to avoid the grind across the entire map...
[close]

AND Congratulations to Marinero... who won the challenge of doing it the HARD WAY!!!!

Results of a HARD START and COMBINED ARMS attack...
Spoiler
Lorne - This middle way ?? HARD then EASY ?? throw everything but the kitchen sink at it demonstration... was very clumsy... you will find it easy to beat this 9:26.3 minute time...
 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3298035254
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: oldnewby on July 27, 2024, 03:04:36 PM

For the HARD WAY... just start anywhere on the East (Left Hand) side...  Upper Right is the easy- fast- way...  The Spoiler info above shows that it is possible to start in the bottom Left hand side... Starting on the upper left hand side is also possible but a lot harder...
Spoiler
I am working on a Plan to start in the bottom Left Hand Side per the above Spoiler Image... but using a COMBINED ARMS attack to avoid the grind across the entire map...
[close]

AND Congratulations to Marinero... who won the challenge of doing it the HARD WAY!!!!

Spoiler
Lorne - This middle way ?? HARD then EASY ?? throw everything but the kitchen sink at it demonstration... was very clumsy... you will find it easy to beat this 9:26.3 minute time...
[close]

Easy was going straight for the inhibitor, not upper right.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: oldnewby on July 27, 2024, 03:04:36 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

The left side start isn't that bad.  You wipe everything but the CNs but the spores are inbound and nothing's hard after that.