Custom Map #10975: Bonus PAC map 2 - Joker map. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, December 04, 2023, 07:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10975: Bonus PAC map 2 - Joker map

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 60x60

Desc:
This map is just a joke. Many thanks to Rennervate / AlexX for the PAC files, and for information on how to use them. Thanks to Mr. builder17 for useful tips. I'd appreciate your feedback in the forums... #PAC #Play As Creeper

Mijavch

Martin Gronsdal

Spoiler
expand digitalis straight west of the top emitter and then replace the said emitter with a spore tower...
[close]

and then it's smooth sailing

Johnny Haywire

If you get stuck, you can always just let this one run. Go do some work outside or whatever and in about 30 minutes that huge pile of AC will be gone. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Since there are some mechanics in this map that are abnormal and there's no way you'd know them except by lots of experimentation, to me it's not really a spoiler. So here's what you should know:

1) Somewhere to the upper left (west) there's an invisible object that connects to your digitalis so you can destroy the emitter and make a spore tower. Maybe the relay extending in what would seem to be an irrelevant way is actually relevant. Who knew?

2) The spore towers are drastically overpowered in this map. Build one anywhere and you'll win.

3) You can actually destroy at least some of the guns in the bottom using just the two emitters connected with enough patience and experimentation. You'll need to switch the output to 4 creeper every .27 seconds. Not sure how far you can go with this but maybe it's worth noting.

Martin's maps often remind me of the old game Myst - or those mystery games in which you're trapped in a building and need to find clues to enable you to escape. It's a different kind of strategy that most will find frustrating, but if you like that kinda stuff as I do from time to time, they're pretty cool.

Thanks for making these weird maps dude!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on May 31, 2024, 11:16:09 AMIf you get stuck, you can always just let this one run. Go do some work outside or whatever and in about 30 minutes that huge pile of AC will be gone. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Since there are some mechanics in this map that are abnormal and there's no way you'd know them except by lots of experimentation, to me it's not really a spoiler. So here's what you should know:

1) Somewhere to the upper left (west) there's an invisible object that connects to your digitalis so you can destroy the emitter and make a spore tower. Maybe the relay extending in what would seem to be an irrelevant way is actually relevant. Who knew?

2) The spore towers are drastically overpowered in this map. Build one anywhere and you'll win.

3) You can actually destroy at least some of the guns in the bottom using just the two emitters connected with enough patience and experimentation. You'll need to switch the output to 4 creeper every .27 seconds. Not sure how far you can go with this but maybe it's worth noting.

Martin's maps often remind me of the old game Myst - or those mystery games in which you're trapped in a building and need to find clues to enable you to escape. It's a different kind of strategy that most will find frustrating, but if you like that kinda stuff as I do from time to time, they're pretty cool.

Thanks for making these weird maps dude!

You are back?

Johnny Haywire

Hey, yeah hopefully! And it looks like the psych meds didn't take b/c I decided to ignore my doc's advice and resume playing your maps! =P
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

toxicsloth

I never did find the hidden thing to allow me to build the spore earlier. This was fun, but was a real slog.

I love PAC maps. I wish more were available.