creepermap.exe has performed suspicious activity

Started by Shroom Agent 27, August 16, 2010, 01:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shroom Agent 27

Norton internet security's SONAR protection says creepermap.exe was acting suspicious and was quarantined when I opened it. I told it to back off, and it does, but is there something wrong with the file, or is it just trying to access other data?  :-\

Pyxis_GeeK

Is this your first time running CW with this Norton software installed? More than likely its fine. I run Zone Alarm Pro on my PC and it does the same thing when a new game is installed.

Echo51

Norton is just being uptight about anything....
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Karsten75

Norton AV products have probably the worst reputation on the Internet. They used to be extremely good before being taken over by Symantec, but has turned into resource-heavy bloatware.

Some years ago I got rid of it. Now I run the free Microsoft Security Essentials and it works great and is very light-weight.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 16, 2010, 02:47:58 PM
Norton AV products have probably the worst reputation on the Internet. They used to be extremely good before being taken over by Symantec, but has turned into resource-heavy bloatware.

Some years ago I got rid of it. Now I run the free Microsoft Security Essentials and it works great and is very light-weight.

I have to agree. The first thing I do with a new PC is uninstall any kind of Norton Software. I prefer AVG for Antivirus and Zone Alarm Pro for firewall protection.

Shroom Agent 27

Any more stuff related to virus protection software, please post it here...

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=4322.0

Thank You.