Custom Map #3294: FPS: Sentry Dungeon. By: Kaiden

Started by AutoPost, July 04, 2022, 12:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3294: FPS: Sentry Dungeon

Author: Kaiden
Size: 320x200

Squornshellous Beta

In what I assume is an oversight in the barrier enemy's design, the auto-sniper - which cannot, as far as I know, be disabled, and in range of which it maintains distance - also heals it to full. This resulted in it hovering around, indestructible, posing no threat but continual minor nuisance, until such time as sufficient weapon effectiveness upgrades accumulated to destroy it in one cycle.

hbarudi

If only we have upgrades to not cost more than 1 upgrade point and to combine the aura range upgrades into 1 and combine every 5 levels of weapon effectiveness into 1. Then those power cooldown times need to be drastically reduced.

Kaiden

Quote from: hbarudi on July 05, 2022, 10:17:06 PM
If only we have upgrades to not cost more than 1 upgrade point and to combine the aura range upgrades into 1 and combine every 5 levels of weapon effectiveness into 1. Then those power cooldown times need to be drastically reduced.

Strong upgrades aren't meant to be cheap, and the orbitals are powerful enough to effectively wipe out a entire room in one shot, so having even faster free room skips wouldn't be balanced.

ha11oga11o

Great map, i played it several times. Just, nut, but, please,.... can we be bit taller? Its really, really nasty for my brain to constantly see hundreds of lines in front of me. Ill say, one head above pylon would be good. I did play map with that head height, and it was really good. No noisiness. But i cant find it at time writing this. 

And that last boss,... huh, boy. That swing in circle. Simply i dont have big enough table to wield mouse for it.

Other than that, i really enjoyed map. Theres no small corridors with feeling that you are playing quake1 or blood1 at 320x200 resolution.

It was straight forward, and well spend time.

Many thnx and cheers!

helmetflakes

dancingninja

That was a fun level. Although I still wish there was a way in the script to respawn closer to where you died. Maybe using the last Totem collected as a respawn portal? I don't know how easy or do-able that would be. But would be helpful for the larger maps like this! Other than that, it was great! It was much easier to track the flighting things (can't remember the actual names); being able to "see" them behind walls made it much easier to track.
Spoiler
It was much easier once I figure out the pattern, at least that they come after you pick up the totem point  ;D
[close]

Thanks for the level!