Custom Map #2622: PAC Quality over quantity. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, December 03, 2021, 03:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertu

Quote from: Snicker on December 06, 2021, 11:21:41 PM
Yes this is a hard map. You do need higher levels of understanding pac and how your custom units work with it. I do love the custom creeper structures. Ths last map had 4 or 5 and it was fun working to get to them. Learning what they did let me beat it on hard mode and beat the 10 min mark on easy mode. In this map you can actually lose. I think most the players are not used to that in a pac map. I almost beat the 10 min mark on this map with out messing with the AI units.  Good map, the only reason not great is because of some bugs. 

-if you let emmiters get nulled and then try to delete them to get power back they break and do nothing still eating power. ( might be fun trying to break out units that are nulled and cant be deleted )

-the stashes are a little annoying. placing down and then "planting" them at a strength( that i dont think you can change it after planting ) is kinda a hassle, have to be done one at a time, and noobs didnt catch on.
Thank you for your input. I have been eying the changed Stash a bit as it's a bit crude in functionality. Could do for some refining but doing so makes other edges more jagged. So I guess I shall put text saying such things (since the PAC's original maker was nice enough to put the Destroy button on UI slot 7 when creating the CPack which others followed in doing).
I also plan to make it more obvious that a nullified Emitter base is stuck. I learned from this map that the outline of the Emitter is hidden behind the assembly mesh of the unit which was converted into a box parameter (a way to render the mesh as a model as I convert from model to mesh, hence, assembly mesh). I have also debated if the other units should be nullifiable.

Quote from: Mr$Hyper$ on December 07, 2021, 10:35:53 AM
Yeah you didn't make it but you could've tested it. But overall I find the new structures far superior in looks than the ones we have
I was burnt out and noticed it too late in a committed play test. I have been learning some areas of 4rpl in these maps which has been getting the most of my attention... And how I can never run these maps at a good speed as my computer is nearly 8 years old and my new one needs 1 part that I either have to wait an undefined amount of time (currently at over 8 months of waiting) or pay $3,000 for.. So I constantly play at like 1/3 speed when the game's set to 1x, making each play test take a VERY long time and be very enduring.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Brila

Ok i take my "Bad" back, but i claim "broken", because you can cheat right in the beginning and afterwards and i did it a lot, because of the sheer mass of units. I didnĀ“t want to be sitting there several hours for little progression. I think if you cut the units the enemy can use, it will be more fun and still be challenging.