Custom Map #2428: CW2.24 Updated. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, October 11, 2021, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2428: CW2.24 Updated

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 192x120

InwardChaos

After playing this map and the previous one, I've got a few things that I would like to bring up.

I think that the blocks should stop cannon line of sight. Having cannons be able to "shot through solid ground" just doesn't feel right. Mortars are fine, since the missile in CW2 could circumvent walls. I was able to just set up a line of cannons behind some decayable terrain, and completely prevent it from being touched by the creeper.
Another thing that bugged me was how when you removed walls, the soylent didn't fill in the area that was previously occupied by the walls. Deactivating a tower and reactivating it did trigger a refresh for the entire network, but that eventually becomes annoying and tedious, especially when digging out a large area.
Finally, I think that overload on nullifiers should be activated. You won in CW2 by destroying the emitters, and just leaving them sitting there nullified also doesn't feel right. Though, if you did that intentionally to discourage players from mass excavating, thereby stopping energy transfer to the emitters and causing them to reactivate, then leave it as is.

Otherwise, these have been pretty enjoyable so far, and I look forward to future maps in this style.

TrickyPlayer

In the future I'm replacing the contaminant with void.

Because of that, I'll have no means to block the LOS of cannons. Besides, if you can block creeper from touching decayable walls you can also stop it after it breaks through. It's the same issue as in CW3, except in CW3 there was an alternative solution since out there, terrain overrides would work.

Right now, once creeper reaches around 170 depth or so, it sometimes flows over the walls. Therefore I either have to resort to non-wave creeper flow, or void since void doesn't leak as easily. The last option also allows me to go without terrain overrides which will reduce some lag as well.

The soylent thing is just yet another thing that I was too lazy to fix, since it wasn't really too broken. When I played I just placed some towers for the newly available areas. Not going to fix it either since I don't really know how to. Might do it in a future map but not the next one.

Kinda agree on the overload and will enable it next time. Thanks for the positive feedback.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P