Custom Map #2399: Van Neumann - 04. By: NotAProGamer

Started by AutoPost, October 02, 2021, 07:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2399: Van Neumann - 04

Author: NotAProGamer
Size: 320x200

Karsten75

It baffles me that these "do-nothing" maps with a play time of >1 hour get so many plays and even a few thumbs-up. To me is seems pre-determined and merely a matter of clicking at defined intervals. Almost the epitome of an idle game. 

ButterySkank

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 02, 2021, 12:33:27 PM
It baffles me that these "do-nothing" maps with a play time of >1 hour get so many plays and even a few thumbs-up. To me is seems per-determined and merely a matter of clicking at defined intervals. Almost the epitome of an idle game.

A someone that enjoys these maps, I just set speed to 4x let it build up and just boost for X amount of times.

For me, I just enjoy seething the outcome of what they have done.

May not be your thing, but I appreciate the maps notaprogamer makes.

GadgetBoy

It baffles me that these "do-nothing" maps with a play time of >1 hour get so many plays and even a few thumbs-up. To me is seems per-determined and merely a matter of clicking at defined intervals. Almost the epitome of an idle game.

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.

GadgetBoy

I, for one, enjoy when I see one of these maps come up. They're soothing and relaxing, to me at least.

This one had a LOT of thought put into the balancing, even using the terrain to channel creeper in ways to help the balance.

Karsten75

Quote from: GadgetBoy on October 02, 2021, 10:30:16 PM

If you don't enjoy it, don't play it.

As a matter of fact, I don't play them. That was not, however the point I was making. I was making thepoint that these maps are a light-year removed from the actual game - there is no risk of losing, there is no active play. All that is required is that the player sits there and occasionally clicks a button.  So perhaps 200 mouse clicks over 1 hour. Then folks admit they speed it up, again, because no real gameplay. just get it over faster.

GadgetBoy

If you don't play them, keep your opinion to yourself. People enjoy these, let them enjoy them. Leave your negativity at the door.

HeyHeyHey

It baffles me that these "do-nothing" maps with a play time of >1 hour get so many plays and even a few thumbs-up. To me is seems pre-determined and merely a matter of clicking at defined intervals. Almost the epitome of an idle game.
I really like you karsten, from the Cw2 days, but please let us enjoy maps without you complaining about it, it will end up with NotAsProGamer and other stop posting these forms of maps, that isn't for you probably, but is for us that like it.
Please be kind and stop complaining :) (remember even tho you don't like it, doesn't mean i don't like it. (and others don't like it))

HeyHeyHey

Keep these maps going as long as you enjoy them NotAsProGamer, I love them very much. and im going to play most of them. when i have time.
Dont let negative comments or tags on maps let you down. there are alot of us that really enjoys it!!!! :)

Malignantmind

I mean these maps are currently the most popular ones being posted so it definitely seems like the majority of active players like them more than the more traditional maps. I don't really care if there's not a lot of interaction, I just like seeing creeper take over everything. Keep these maps coming.

TrickyPlayer

Agreed, really dumbfounded how a literal idle/clicker map where you follow a forced path gets any likes at all. I'm tempted to report this one because it's as close as it gets to "auto-complete". I don't approve of this, where's the dislike button? Oh right, it got nuked in CW4. Guess I have to find another way to vent my opinions about this.

There's no strategy in this. No tension. No comedy.  Nothing at all.Just... a maze. Except there's only one long curvy path. And while I did actually make a cursor maze once, at least it came with a challenging mirror version. Out of 10, I would rate this 3/10, one point because it's relaxing and two points for the effort. 0 points for the gameplay, as there's none. Then again, I would also not rate my cursor maps that high so it might be just me.

It just feels as if a good game with an active community is getting kinda corrupted when I see these kinda maps come by. They just don't seem to belong at all. Sure, some people enjoy it, but this is just my personal opinion.

Now forgive me if I sound offensive, but that's because this triggers my  "CW3 AcHiEvEmEnT mAp" memories.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Malignantmind

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on October 07, 2021, 04:15:18 AM
Agreed, really dumbfounded how a literal idle/clicker map where you follow a forced path gets any likes at all. I'm tempted to report this one because it's as close as it gets to "auto-complete". I don't approve of this, where's the dislike button? Oh right, it got nuked in CW4. Guess I have to find another way to vent my opinions about this.

There's no strategy in this. No tension. No comedy.  Nothing at all.Just... a maze. Except there's only one long curvy path. And while I did actually make a cursor maze once, at least it came with a challenging mirror version. Out of 10, I would rate this 3/10, one point because it's relaxing and two points for the effort. 0 points for the gameplay, as there's none. Then again, I would also not rate my cursor maps that high so it might be just me.

It just feels as if a good game with an active community is getting kinda corrupted when I see these kinda maps come by. They just don't seem to belong at all. Sure, some people enjoy it, but this is just my personal opinion.

Now forgive me if I sound offensive, but that's because this triggers my  "CW3 AcHiEvEmEnT mAp" memories.

Can't help but feel like this is coming across as a little salty because just one of these maps has more votes than the last 10+ of your maps combined. Like, you make some fun maps and they probably deserve more likes but yikes dude.

Grabz

You uh.... you can turn off the bluite crystal. It doesn't change much, but still.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Malignantmind on October 07, 2021, 03:39:42 PM
Can't help but feel like this is coming across as a little salty because just one of these maps has more votes than the last 10+ of your maps combined. Like, you make some fun maps and they probably deserve more likes but yikes dude.
Yea, kinda true. Then again, it's known that any map that isn't the base game automatically gets 1000% extra upvotes. Doesn't make anything I said less true though. I feel like the amount of these kind of maps that exist oversaturated the menu. (Subjective cuz I personally dislike these maps a lot)

Anyway, imma just remember you people what an proper "barely any input" map looks like. I'm coming up with another simple cursor map. Enjoy the free cursor map.

Oh and for my own sanity I'll stop posting things on this map. I feel like nothing good will come if I keep going like this.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P