Custom Map #9581: Trick Map X. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, July 11, 2021, 11:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9581: Trick Map X

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 110x200

Desc:
Terps are key to victory, don't move them to early. Guppies must form guppy grid to pick up pickups, but save at least a few fully loaded with energy for when CN goes away.

CharlieMartini

I'd really enjoy some direction on how to get the Relay and Nullifier. Your maps are full of the seemingly impossible connections, what trick am I missing?

CharlieMartini

On this map, I did clear both 9x9 squares of creep with a Bertha, deleted that and set up the Forge in the same 5x5 space where the Bertha sat to increase range to have a Terp level the 9x9 on the east side of the map and the smaller uneven spaces. Have not figured how to level northeast corner 9x9 to all one surface.The entire west side is connected with the Guppy grid so the emitters pose no danger as long as I let Forge remain in it's current place next to where you put the Orbital. I realized I get one chance to move it but I don't think floating it by the Relay/Nullifier even with the Collector on the space closest to the unclaimed items. I think I also tried to put the Orbital on the Eastern 9x9 and the collector inside the charged ring but still didnt connect to cannon. Hopefully that can help you direct me to the next piece of the puzzle.

Martin Gronsdal

I will try to give meaningful info, without spoiling the fun totally:

Spoiler
if you look closely, there are two spots large enough for Forge and the Bertha. Build Forge first, closest to the CN
[close]

Spoiler
Bertha will clean your landing pads
[close]

Spoiler
don't move the Terps before the landing pods are clean enough for them to land on them
[close]

Spoiler
CN should be at the bottom landing pad at the end
[close]

then there is the regular stuff, like relays on PZ's and etc.

thank you for playing

Altren

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on July 12, 2021, 01:10:21 PM
Spoiler
if you look closely, there are two spots large enough for Forge and the Bertha. Build Forge first, closest to the CN
[close]
Oh, I destroyed forge to build bertha.

CharlieMartini

The first spoiler was very helpful. I did finally stumble across the other space on the western map for a 5x5 item. I think I had solved the other riddles already. I also need to play with building the guppy grid, I somehow lucked into it on a previous attempt to keep all the connections white, not the typical yellow lines when guppies connect but not to the Orbital.