Custom Map #1563: Omni 4. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, August 26, 2020, 01:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1563: Omni 4

Author: FOXX
Size: 265x395

Desc:
#EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #NoStunners #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #BravoGoodMorning #ThanksToBuilder17 #ThanksToYum234 #OmniSpawner by Sorrontis

alche

Great map, had trouble on the top right side cos autolathed a blue X f.d up the progression..

helmetflakes

Great fun FOXX, thanks very much for your maps. I also screwed myself up by accidentally lathing some of the blue X's. Fortunately had a few saves to go back on. I can only imagine how much work went into making this one!!

n3s

I'm gonna buck the trend and say for the first time ever I rated a Foxx map low because I was so pissed that I forgot to micro omnis (which I hate doing) so they wouldn't lathe bridges early. We have bridges we can control with buttons thanks to the awesome scripts, those are far superior to the lathable Xs and I hate micro at this level. Considering how often you lose omnis trying to push mire into secured territory to overcome emitters, remembering to turn off lathe emitters every time you build one is just a pain in the ass that I don't find fun at all.

Completely ruined this map for me after I was 2/3 through it.

Please stop using those lathable Xs in maps. All they do is serve to annoy people who don't remember to micromanage lathes at a ridiculous level.

FOXX

Quote from: alche on August 26, 2020, 10:07:18 PM
Great map, had trouble on the top right side cos autolathed a blue X f.d up the progression..
You are not the only one in this. Had more comments about those Blue X tiles. (more info about this in message below)

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

Quote from: helmetflakes on August 27, 2020, 10:24:19 AM
Great fun FOXX, thanks very much for your maps. I also screwed myself up by accidentally lathing some of the blue X's. Fortunately had a few saves to go back on. I can only imagine how much work went into making this one!!
Thanks Helmetflakes, nice you enjoyed the map.
These maps do take a lot of time to make but i enjoy making PF maps and also make systems work in a nice way to play (like this GMM system)

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: n3s on August 28, 2020, 10:50:48 AM
I'm gonna buck the trend and say for the first time ever I rated a Foxx map low because I was so pissed that I forgot to micro omnis (which I hate doing) so they wouldn't lathe bridges early. We have bridges we can control with buttons thanks to the awesome scripts, those are far superior to the lathable Xs and I hate micro at this level. Considering how often you lose omnis trying to push mire into secured territory to overcome emitters, remembering to turn off lathe emitters every time you build one is just a pain in the ass that I don't find fun at all.

Completely ruined this map for me after I was 2/3 through it.

Please stop using those lathable Xs in maps. All they do is serve to annoy people who don't remember to micromanage lathes at a ridiculous level.
Yeah, this map plays best if micro managing your Omni-Lathe options.
With these maps i added all sorts of things and for that reason i also added the Blue X tiles (wich i am also not a fan of) just for different play.
Had enough feedback to not add these Blue X tiles anymore so thumbs up for that suggestion :)

Sometimes my ideas go out of hand and then it's time to go more back to basics.

Greets,
FOXX

Edit -> What did you guys think about those spawning area's?)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

n3s

Minus the blue Xs this map was awesome, at least up until that part. I really like the struggle to mire a new section, figuring out how to grabber-push blue particles to get some assistance, get some cannons in range to assist with firing at mire to let omnis get a foothold and then overpower the existing mire. (I mean I like some of that, doing that 100 times in a map is a bit much, but doing large sections is great.)

I'll probably try it again later today but I really am forgetful with the omni micro so I suspect I'll run into the same problem. =/

n3s

Ok, it happened again. Really hate these fucking blue x things.

FOXX

Quote from: n3s on August 30, 2020, 01:43:22 PM
Ok, it happened again. Really hate these fucking blue x things.
Thanks N3s for input and yeah, i can totally see the issue when players are not switching off some Omni lathe options and have to go back.
Those blue x tiles are off the menu ;) (or a couple at max)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!