Custom Map #244: Deathmatch. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 26, 2016, 06:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #244: Deathmatch

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 300x140

Desc:
In our haste to conquer this sector, we have forgotten to bring Lathing vessels. Luckily, the Victor's cross possesses one. Protect the shipyard. And don't lose your HQ.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Helios

Not as hard as I first thought.

Spoiler
Start at the middle, work your way to the right with HQ while building your fleet near the middle.

Don't build that "deadnought" (sic), you don't need it, it's just a big energy sink. The thing wasn't even halfway done when I cleared the map.

The lack of lathe ship isn't much of a problem, in fact you could probably get everything done with HQ if you time it right. Or just wait for that big allied ship with lathe and charge along (or not, it's tough enough to get the job done on its own).
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: Helios on October 26, 2016, 07:11:58 PM
Not as hard as I first thought.

Spoiler
Start at the middle, work your way to the right with HQ while building your fleet near the middle.

Don't build that "deadnought" (sic), you don't need it, it's just a big energy sink. The thing wasn't even halfway done when I cleared the map.

The lack of lathe ship isn't much of a problem, in fact you could probably get everything done with HQ if you time it right. Or just wait for that big allied ship with lathe and charge along (or not, it's tough enough to get the job done on its own).
[close]

Are you playing in Beta 1.0.2b/c? The particle health should be easy = 3, medium = 10, hard = 30. A single hard particle should destroy your HQ. (Hard particles are found in the left emitter)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

That version only recently became the main, Sorrontis.

Releasing maps from the beta thread is not advised, as they are probably broken in the main version (for one reason or another).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 26, 2016, 08:24:46 PM
That version only recently became the main, Sorrontis.

Releasing maps from the beta thread is not advised, as they are probably broken in the main version (for one reason or another).

Yeah, I realized it after I pressed "upload."

EDIT: I've asked to remove it, we'll see what he does :)

GoodMorning

Probably it will stay, as the update has been pushed out.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.