Ix Double Down Strat

Started by Young, January 04, 2010, 12:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: RG on January 03, 2010, 11:09:46 PM
The real trick is trying to beat it on 2X mode ;)

It took forever to figure out but eventually I got it.

Now the only story level I need to beat on 2X is Ix, does anyone have any good strategies for that one?

You asked for this. So here it is.

Start off building only these Collectors. As the last collector gets your drone tech upgrade build them quickly x2. Get a blaster ready just about when your drones are full of ammo.

When your drones are ready to launch. launch immediately and get ready to build a third and forth drone. Toggling is key in this part and a lot of pausing was necessary. Reposition the blaster as you need so it just covers your collectors and soon you'll find yourself in a stalemate where your drones bomb back to back.

Victory!

bigschank

i dont know, i have tried and tried this strategy and have failed and failed. i honestly can not see how you can win this level on double down. i have struggled with some levels, but nothing like this. Ix is by far the hardest level. the creep overflows at 50 seconds and hits your base around 1:40. i am at the point of doubting anyone who says they can beat it. i would have to see a video of them doing it to believe it.

bigschank

okay....just beat it for the first time. here is what it did:
* i built only one drone in the beginning
* then i was able to build a blaster and keep it firing
* during the drone's first trip, i started building a second then when i was sending out the second one, the first one was almost done recharging.
* then i had the creep under control and was able to build more drones to keep the attack up.

i need to figure out how to take a video of my screen so i can put it up on youtube.

bigschank

here is my Ix double down video, enjoy