Custom Map: Artillery 1 (BermanPost)

Started by AutoPost, May 25, 2010, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BermanPost

The first version I made involved different strength emitters, but I deleted it after my first run through when I saw it could be powered through with minimal effort (I like designing hard maps).  Relatively speaking Artillery 1 (BermanPost) is the easiest of the series and did not think there would be much trouble winning for the veterans at the game.  That is why I made the next three progressively harder.

As far as tips go; the trick with the first three is to figure out how to maintain a connection to your troops in the middle.  With the fourth one that is not possible so you need a new tactic on how to deal with temporary disconnections.  Also, you do not have to fill the centers with units as winning does not require suppressing all the creeper emitters.  With some you do need to be able to keep as suppressed as possible, but with most you just need to keep the creeper they emit at bay from your main line.

Roberto

Thanks for this great map!  It is a refreshing challenge, and I was convinced it was impossible the first few times I tried it.  But as I tried different approaches, eventually I got the knack.  (Emphasis on "eventually"...see my time!)  If someone wants a warmup map, I guess I'd suggest doing the last map in story mode without getting the Thor.  That should get you used to fighting a large wall of creeper without much room.  Then this map adds random destruction...ha.  If you get frustrated, take a break, and try to think about different ways to defend against the surges.  It's a game...have fun!