Custom Map #7149: CSM-91. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, March 03, 2019, 05:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehekatl

Probably one of the best CSM maps yet. I like how it has two distinct layers to it.

And I'm #1 on the score board for once! Not for long though...

Quote from: chwooly on March 04, 2019, 09:18:20 AM
Once you build up terrain to 9 and move the circle on the creep floods over the terrain and you lose every thing you gained. What is the point? Anyone who thinks that is enjoyable is not playing it from my end.
If this map were an open-world RPG, you skipped all the content and headed straight for the last dungeon.

chwooly

Quote from: Ehekatl on March 04, 2019, 11:13:41 AM
Probably one of the best CSM maps yet. I like how it has two distinct layers to it.

And I'm #1 on the score board for once! Not for long though...

Once you build up terrain to 9 and move the circle on the creep floods over the terrain and you lose every thing you gained. What is the point? Anyone who thinks that is enjoyable is not playing it from my end.
If this map were an open-world RPG, you skipped all the content and headed straight for the last dungeon.

I don't follow your train of thought, rules where established for this type of map, now the rules have been changed which changes the game play for said map. It is not the same any longer,

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

marvinitfox

Ok, guide me please.
Are the two bomb generators on the two "9"s on the right just dummies, or what?
I completely flood them with AC.
I clear the entire island.
still the bomber says "creeper contamination", and refuses to operate.
https://prnt.sc/mt6490

Any yes, I had the AC up to 1200 height, using an accelerated pool that i then concentrated using singularity that lasted more than 90 seconds...

yum-forum

Ok. Level of land under R-Factory (left of two) is 7x100=700 and under right - 9x100=900. and you need in the center of R-Factories level of anti-creeper 704 and 904. If you reach this level of anti-creeper you can put chip on this Factories.
See also my "Hint" in my previous post how easy to activate this 2 R-Factories.
If will be problem please save game in slot and attach here cw3 file from this slot. Then I can find what is problem.
Good lu!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Loren Pechtel

The bomb factories are tricky.  A different approach to the last one as I couldn't do it with the singularity weapon:

Spoiler
Terp the area down to 1.  Use the accelerator bombs, pile the creeper deep.  Terp the area back to 9.
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on March 04, 2019, 02:27:16 PM
The bomb factories are tricky.  A different approach to the last one as I couldn't do it with the singularity weapon:

Spoiler
Terp the area down to 1.  Use the accelerator bombs, pile the creeper deep.  Terp the area back to 9.
[close]

Super!!!  :D
last

marvinitfox

On the third try, doing the exact same thing as before, the bomb factories converted just fine.
<shrug>

Still a very good map, the "overflowing" levels in the beginning are quite nasty, but manageable once one figures out where they are getting those ridiculous levels from.

lmorovan

BEST MAP so far. What a delightful and well conceived scenario. Love it! Congrats.

toolforger

Nice map, but too many bomb types. Omega felt like cheating (but ah well it fixed that nasty connect-everything-to-everything area in the top-left corner), flipper was too limited to be really useful, Freezer came too late to be of any use whatsoever.

Todd

I have been loving these maps since the start, However I have noticed a trend over the last few maps that has completely made these maps not even close to enjoyable for me anymore, I don't know why the change was made but you used to be able to block off star gates with terrain of 9, ...

It requires different tactics. Brute forcing doesn't work quite as well. I think some people have videos on youtube with some decent times.

I use the blockers for gates with less than 800 creeper so I can seal them. With creative use of the converter, you can knock down quite a few gate networks below 800.

Kill-Type Gates are your friends

BTW, one cool trick with the kill-type gates (the numbered, square gates) is to toggle them on and off over and over to knock down creeper level. Note, kills AC too, so seal that part if you don't want to lose AC. Very handy for quickly knocking down high creeper levels to speed things along.

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last