Help getting scripts for custom tech in a map

Started by Ringo, May 30, 2018, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

So i am trying to make a custom map nothing fancy but a custom map none the least.

I got all the strandard tech there but i can't understand how to get custom stuff like the Proton torpedoARC Custom Module: Proton Torpedo for example into it or into a ship i want to design.

I have read Larn to make maps  but can't load the videos there youtube issues atm.

I have read: Custom mod thread and Libary.

Also can i put them in my custom ship editor for later use or is it only that map?

FOXX

Hi Ringo,

there are some steps you have to do to get a Custom Module working.
Firt is the ship you want the Module on it should look like this
Ship
[close]

This is for a 5x5 module (most modules are 3x3).
The place of the Module should be all (normal) hull as there is where the module comes.

3 scripts are needed for the Custom Module
1 - The Shipmodule.prpl from the Custom mod thread
      you can download it from there.
2 - the actual Custom Module scripts. These vary from each module. On the Custom Module thread you can find those scripts.
     For a lot of Custom Module scripts you can look HERE for my
     Custom Module ships with all files needed for that Module.
3 - The Master script. This script is the only one placed into the Map. You can download a Ship from me and Copy that Master Script for your ship.

INFO

1 - The Shipmodule is ok as it is. You don't have to change this script.

2 -The Custom Module script looks like this:
CM Script 1
[close]
In these Scripts (this one is for the Howitzer) the most important is the Image slots. (here in line 4, 8 and 19)
CM Script 2
[close]
And here in Line 155.
So this Module needs 4 Images for Displaying and the Image slots has to be the same as the slotnames in the Scripts.

3 - The Master script holds information about the Shipname and the Module.
     This is different for each ship. Example from the Howitzer:
Master Script
[close]
Things to change or look at:
Line 12 -> Change Shipname to your Shipname (line 14 is a Trace and does not effect the Module)
Line 20/21 -> Height and Width of the Module (in case of the Ship on the Image this should be changed to 5x5)
Line 22/23 -> The Position of the Custom Module (the SouthWest Corner of the Module as explained in the Custom mod thread)
Line 24/25 -> The Position of the Command Module (this has to be the Center of the CM)
Line 26 -> The BuildCost of the Module
Line 28 -> The Name of the Script of the Custom Module.

If you have all of this done then you can add the Module to your Map like this:
1 - Add all Scripts into the Script folder with the Map you want the Ship(s) in.
(C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\editor\MAPNAME)
2 - Add Images to the Map. [Images are Named according to the Image Sloth Name they go to]
3 - Make an Invisible PRPL Core outside the Map and Attach Master.prpl to the Core.
4 - Add the Ship to the Map
6 - Run Game -> Build your Ship from the ShipList) [Most Custom Modules take 30 Energy to Build so make sure you have enough of Energy to save time]
(or you can use "B" in the Editor for Instant Build)

If you have done everything correctly your Custom Module works now.
Good Luck.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

bluebolt

Aw, I completely missed a thread for support for one of my modules. If you're still experiencing problems, I can lend some assistance... sometimes the image slots are a bit hard to find.
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!