Code for the flow of creeper

Started by bobbyjo, January 25, 2018, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyjo

I'm making a little 2D top down view game for fun and one of the mechanics would be water moving around, flowing to areas with lower height and flooding areas, etc. I've created a rough version that works but it's not quite right and I can't really find anything else online about how I should go about this but then I remembered creeper world! ;D I've been looking around and finding snippets of game code for creeper world. Is there a place where I could find all of the code for any of the games (1 through 3). Or preferably snippets where I could find the part that codes for the flow of the creeper?

Karsten75

Creeper World is not open source. The code is not available. You can look up coding techniques for cellular automata and see if that helps you.

bobbyjo

Oh well darn lol this could take a while since I'm not the most tech savvy in the first place but at least I have an idea where to start now. Thank you

J

Some time ago, me and some others (including UpperKEES) coded some creeper simulations. You can find mine by clicking 'Water World' in my signature (only the game, not the code). If you want to know my idea's on a specific part of the code, just ask.

GoodMorning

And (again, more recently) planetfall and I did something similar.

A straight-up "water level" for each area is probably what you seek, given it doesn't sound like a core mechanic.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.