Custom Map #2988: Island Hopping >>REMASTERED<<. By: GameGibu

Started by AutoPost, January 02, 2016, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2988: Island Hopping >>REMASTERED<<

Author: GameGibu
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Original Author: Menashem A reworked version of Menashem's recent map "Island Hopping". Feel free to post constructive criticism on the forum. ;) If you should choose to recreate this map,credit the original author, who did a great job in his own right. ;D Enjoy the upgraded terrain! -GameGibu Changes: Terrain, Digitalis, one new emitter, a little bit of new land. WARNING: the #1 spot score is just a placeholder. It is not a true score. #digitalis #GameGibu #remastered #norunners #spores #hiddenCRPL

martingolding96

GameGibu

I coded in a backdoor function that can only be used if you know the secret code, which only I know right now. In the future, I may code in cheat codes as well, and put them somewhere in the forums. But for right now pay attention to the post, that 12 seconds does not count.

Thank you for your interest. :)

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Karsten75

Unless you prove that the map can be beaten, I will delete it. Using a "backdoor function and uploading a potentially unbeatable map is not permitted. The reason we ask that map makers post a score is to prove that the map has a real solution.

Using the terp to set the 911 code on 3 pixels of terrain is not legit.

Builder17

And http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:examine_map_resources
gives me power to take this map into my map editor and close it backdoor , if I want.
What image this is?

GameGibu

I'm playing the map right now to prove that I can post a score.

I have noted that I cannot use backdoors in the future.

Thanks! :)

-GameGibu
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

That image is something I drew today expressly for the purpose of being a CRPL tower sprite.
That's all.
☆CRPL Master☆

GameGibu

Um problem, I just completed the map fairly and it posted the backdoor time instead...
☆CRPL Master☆

teknotiss

Quote from: GameGibu on January 02, 2016, 04:55:38 PM
Um problem, I just completed the map fairly and it posted the backdoor time instead...

the game will record and, always use, the fastest time for a map...
so your backdoor code score breaks the ability for you or anyone to see you legit score
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

GameGibu

crud. and this is a really nice map if you ignore the backdoor... :'(
☆CRPL Master☆

Karsten75

Quote from: GameGibu on January 02, 2016, 06:54:23 PM
crud. and this is a really nice map if you ignore the backdoor... :'(

Consider this a lesson in map making and score posting.  I'm locking this thread and removing the map from Colonial Space.