Custom Map #2983: Goyam. By: Thumbmaster

Started by AutoPost, January 01, 2016, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2983: Goyam

Author: Thumbmaster
Size: 100x130

Desc:
This is a standard map. The start is pretty hard but once you get going it's easy. Enjoy and happy new year!

Johnny Haywire

Wow, hard to believe 145 downloads, 46 scores, and 29 ratings averaging over 8 would have no comments.  :o

Thumb, this is a fantastic map. Thanks for putting forth all the effort to design it. It was a challenging start but at the same time not bad enough where you ever feel the need to save the game at any point. There's the initial conflict, then the sense of "Yeah, I'm safe now!" and then progress at a very nice pace. Great job in balancing challenge with playability!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

GameGibu

Hmm maybe I should look at this map too, 'cause it at least has non-default map textures.

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

lividbishop

Fun map.  Love that it was hard to start.   Love how you tried to make it not too easy the rest of the way, although that's challenging especially because Bertha on a PN is so powerful.  I liked using PN / nullifiers to reach farther away ones.

Does get easy at end but I'm not really sure how to prevent that.  I will probably replay this to see how fast I can get through it knowing what to do and where you've sort of hidden some aether etc.  Probably will use singularity too since so much aether accumulates (i didn't the first time)

thumbmaster

Thanks for the comments! This map (as with most of my maps) were initially sketched out by my son, who is 7 now. He used to do it on paper with crayons/markers and has since graduated to a drawing app on the iPad. The custom textures are also of his choosing. I'm merely the computer mule and advisor. For this map we went through quite a few iterations before settling on this one. The early ones were way too hard at the start and we both got frustrated trying to break out of the "hill". Also, we originally had some spore towers on a machine-gun mode.  :P

Thanks again for enjoying this map. The little guy has been busy on Minecraft but we still have a pile of maps on the pipeline, including some PAC maps.
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.