Custom Map #2770: All Wrong. By: l2edl3aron

Started by AutoPost, November 05, 2015, 12:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2770: All Wrong

Author: l2edl3aron
Size: 240x121

Desc:
Pros only map. Everything is backwards. Digitales slows creeper, spores carry anticreeper, runners are death.

Jerdog

Apparently I'm not a pro.   >:(

Helper

The only tactic I can figure out is the turtle-up, build out your defense, then slog to a finish.
Not my kind of game, but I'm sure there will others who like it.
H

D0m0nik

Quote from: Helper on November 06, 2015, 06:13:17 AM
The only tactic I can figure out is the turtle-up, build out your defense, then slog to a finish.
Not my kind of game, but I'm sure there will others who like it.
H

I thought the same but the 23 min time is very impressive.

I have not given it a full go yet but it looks like there is considerably more creeper down the central isle than at either side, could be worth avoiding the center?

stdout

You're right about the center.

Start on the top or bottom, build up and slowly push in and right. I'm playing and nearing the inhibitor but I'm at 1:09:00 game time. It's actually quite a slog.

D0m0nik

I just had a go and terp may be a friend, a small retaining wall just below/above the center does wonders!

teknotiss

Quote from: D0m0nik on November 06, 2015, 11:55:11 AM
I just had a go and terp may be a friend, a small retaining wall just below/above the center does wonders!

well not for me it doesn't...  ::)
at about 14 mins i get pushed too far back, i was hoping to trade a sector or two for enough power to hold out... need more mortars... also need to set them up to not do too much damage to runners... durn it! ;)

this really is a pros map! well pro grinders! ;D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

D0m0nik

Don't use mortars! I built a wall 3 high and then just behind it a few cannons, worked wonders.

After 1 hr I have taken out the 3 emitters but cannot get through to big emitter yet. I have not given up yet!

A team of guppies is powering the totems and I have about 10 berthas but still struggling to break though, a challenging map indeed!

stdout

For me the map is really about balancing energy. You'd think once you have 50 reactors, you have enough, but not so in this map.

PMouser

huh, i just cant keep the creeper back on so little enegy, i cant keep guns armed
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

D0m0nik

Finally beat it with the slowest ever time! That was rather challenging but rewarding to finish!

I tried to focus on breaking through on one side and it took forever! In the end I went all out and 30 berthas worked but seems like overkill. I think I could get under an hour but don't think ill bother, it is a long slog.

I still don't see how to do this in 23 mins though, any one any ideas?

Sorrontis

So, you have blue creeper? Mine's red, like the blood of the billions it has extinguished!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

Quote from: Sorrontis on November 08, 2015, 10:52:22 AM
So, you have blue creeper? Mine's red, like the blood of the billions it has extinguished!

Did someone say you have an evil mind???  ;)