Custom Map #2629: Hydran Planta. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, October 05, 2015, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2629: Hydran Planta

Author: stdout
Size: 200x200

Desc:
The humans are using biological materials to farm this remote system. Devour their resources and then assault them with such fury that they never again attempt to use this system. #PlayAsCreeper

Nuhages

I made a dream ... was map making on CW4

stdout

thumbmaster

Haven't had this much fun in a while. Thanks!
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

Loren Pechtel

Easy peasy with a spore storm.  Even the PZ beams can't stand up to what you can easily throw.

stdout

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 06, 2015, 10:19:05 AM
Easy peasy with a spore storm.  Even the PZ beams can't stand up to what you can easily throw.

You're currently #40 on the scoreboard. The challenge is, how fast can you complete this map? Can you make it into the top 10?

J

This map takes the idea of capturing side-bases and launch everything you have to easily destroy the main base. Classic idea, but very well executed. Thanks stdout. The amount of spore tower does get a bit hard to manage at maximum efficiency (aiming each tower at a spot for digi and put the digi there when the spore hits).

I thought it was too hard with only emitters anyways ;D

teknotiss

Quote from: J on October 06, 2015, 11:20:06 AM
This map takes the idea of capturing side-bases and launch everything you have to easily destroy the main base. Classic idea, but very well executed. Thanks stdout. The amount of spore tower does get a bit hard to manage at maximum efficiency (aiming

agreed, i tend to aim with 3 spores at a time to begin with
when i have 12/15 spores i tend to start using them in groups of 5/7
this lets you overwhelm a single beam or in 2/3 waves a pair or three beams, and the payload is usually a lot too, so D spreading is easier
on this sort of map i aim at void almost exclusively until the endgame
only had more than 1 emitter for a few secs at the end too!

stdout, fun fun fun!
MAKE MOAR MAAAAAPPPPSSS!!! ;)
8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

stdout

You guys are very kind, thank you. :) I, too, can't get enough of the #PlayAsCreeper maps. I love them all.

cecel123

I haven't NOT liked a single one of your maps stdout!

I am sure that if I actually put in some effort, instead of cackling like a madman every time I launched an overkill spore storm, I easily could make top 10, but wheres the fun in that? I savored this map like a good steak...or burger in my case!

Can't wait to see the next one.
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

speef

I guess I'm late to the party! Fun map as usual.
Easier than a regular stdout map!

grep Easier post 2>&1

(Little *nix humor there. :)  )

mzimmer74

Did anybody else have my reaction:

1. Another stdout PAC map?
2. Fantastic!!!
3. Quick, load up CW3
4. Wait a minute...where's the map...when was this map released?
5. Ah crap
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

yum-forum

Fantastic planning of game! VeryFun! Enjoyed spore storm!
Thank You for great job!  :) :) :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: stdout on October 06, 2015, 11:09:01 AM

You're currently #40 on the scoreboard. The challenge is, how fast can you complete this map? Can you make it into the top 10?

I've never been good at speed.

stdout

Quote from: yum-forum on June 03, 2016, 04:19:54 PM
Fantastic planning of game! VeryFun! Enjoyed spore storm!
Thank You for great job!  :) :) :)

Thank you Yum! You motivate me to want to make another! It's been a long time and I'm feeling the desire to make maps again, especially thanks to your own maps!