Custom Map #2374: Standard Subvertion. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, August 05, 2015, 05:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2374: Standard Subvertion

Author: stdout
Size: 200x100

Desc:
We have established a tiny toehold on this strangely shaped series of rocks floating out in the void. The humans have mounted a quick response and we only have a moment to establish ourselves here. If we can manage to survive the first couple minutes, this should be a fun cakewalk. One thing we're particularly good at doing is taking over their technology and using it against them. Never forget this! #PlayAsCreeper

harrymcb

stdout

Spoiler
Use the terp to build walls, blocking the line of sight of the PZ powered weapons.
[close]

harrymcb

thanks. it would be nice if this wasn't a secret ability though.

Linden

Thanks for another belter, Stdout! Lots of replayability on this one. Loads of fun. :)

stdout

tkrm

This its literally the worst PAC map I have yet seen.
Completely no progression, you have to wait like an hour at the start until the ore runs out otherwise you can't win, random incorrect unit placement, completely no notation of a key feature you need to win the map and it has the author's name as the map terrain because he couldn't think of anything else except stroking his ego.

Asbestos

Well, at least you're honest. That's better than most people.

I thought it was pretty fun, if a bit linear.

stdout

Quote from: tkrm on August 08, 2015, 10:40:16 AMyou have to wait like an hour at the start until the ore runs out otherwise you can't win

I wish you had known to use the terp to block the sprayer. Then you'd have been on your way in one minute instead of one hour.

tkrm

Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that the terp can't reach far enough.

mzimmer74

Quote from: tkrm on August 09, 2015, 09:34:56 AM
Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that the terp can't reach far enough.
Given that the average completion time is less than 28 minutes perhaps there was another way to beat it rather than wait until the "ore ran out."  The forums are here to give people assistance but when you start with such a nasty comment people may not be quite so ready to help.  I would encourage you to read the post by Virgil (the creator of this game) at http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15512.0 in terms of how this forum tries to maintain civility.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

tkrm

Let's see what this section is called, oh right, Colonial Space Map Discussion.
That means I wasn't exactly looking for help.

thumbmaster

Quote from: tkrm on August 09, 2015, 07:51:13 PM
Let's see what this section is called, oh right, Colonial Space Map Discussion.
That means I wasn't exactly looking for help.

In the spirit of your statement, I don't believe your one-sided blasting of a map that plenty of players were able to complete in a timely manner to be a "discussion". Having said that, welcome to the forums and we look forward to seeing awesome, non-boring maps that you'll share with us.
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

isj4

I like that it is another map with corrupted terps.
I don't like the size of the map. There is not enough variation in it. Half the size would have been enough, meaning the first 3 letters would have been OK.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

EEderle

How do you survive the first 2 Minutes? Any help appreciated