Custom Map #2108: Hallucination. By: tamrin

Started by AutoPost, May 29, 2015, 06:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2108: Hallucination

Author: tamrin
Size: 160x160

Desc:
I will not give you path to finish. You only get from me hard start and unreachable target. Can you wake up from your nightmares? Can you win this?

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

metalsiagon

Yeah, this one has a crazy start. Maybe a tip?

tamrin

ok :) I am not evil :D here is a hint
Spoiler
You can start with two Command nodes because one can be collected before it will be flooded.The first thing you have to do is to collect nullifier. With nullifier you can destroy four emittors in the corner placed in "boxes". After that, you must clean that corner at whatever cost.(for example, you can use cannons placed in power zones)
[close]

Tyler21

Great map, tough start and relatively challenging until you can collect the Forge. I liked these new custom emitters much better than the previous ones: these allow for multiple strategies.

However, it seems that you forgot to add the script that modifies their strength or radius after other emitters are destroyed (as you have indicated in the opening dialog). I was carefully planning which one to take out first and how to proceed but I realized that it doesn't matter, they are not dynamic. That would have made the map even more challenging and open new strategic aspects. Still, I enjoyed this very much, thanks for bringing us your maps!
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

tamrin

I have wrote it bad. I was thinking bigger radius and weaker than in the previous map. But it is good Idea to make them changeable in the same map. Thank you Tyler21 :D

PMouser

huh, i cant nulify that fast enough, the creeper kills the nullifier
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

RrR

You need to supply the nullifiers as fast as possible so they can work before they are destroyed. If you cannot arm in time
Spoiler
move your CN closer
[close]

EEderle

The lower left part I got - but I cannot see how to get any further to the right.......or is that the wrong move?

RrR

Yes, go right.
Spoiler
Charge your nullifier as fast as possible
[close]

metalsiagon

This was painstakingly difficult to figure out(was going about it the entirely wrong way), but it was a great challenge map. Good job!

EEderle

But to the right are these two big enemies that kill everything (also nullifiers) that gets to close...

tamrin

I can give you way which I choose too  :)
Spoiler
Another way you can use. above your place is one spore tower. you can destroy it and rebuild your system here. Remember that special emitters are destroyed after you kill nexus........... So not all special emitters must be destroyed.
[close]

stdout

This is an old map but I finally played it through and wanted to comment.

Over 2 years ago I gave up on this map because I just couldn't get a foothold. Finally got it today, and if anyone else is stuck, here's how:

Spoiler
Get the first CN pickup, then destroy CN. Land new CN bottom left and nullify those four emitters behind the walls. Land the second CN as soon as it's ready. The flood of creeper will quickly overpower you but I found the solution was to use a shield on the bottom right PZ and that cleared the creeper away long enough to build a reactor on the next PZ. After that it was a straightforward map.
[close]

BilboGCL

Funny enough, I arrived today at this map...
I managed eyes wide open with a lot of patience but as I don't have too much fun
Spoiler
clearing a platform with waves after waves of pulse cannons, I ask myself if there is a way to destroy the lower one of the special emiters, right east to the starting platform, I do have a good strong base with 2 CNs, I get a nullifier built and loaded but half a second before the emitter could be destroyed the nullifier is killed. Two nullifier do not seem to be a good idea....
[close]
Is there a chance that this way leads to success or will I have to send the fleet of cannons out again?
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!