Pass the map 5-Let's make a map together REBOOT!!!

Started by pawel345, March 17, 2015, 04:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren

Someone put extra digitalis on my square. I don't mind, but that emitter on the digitalis will seed digitalis. That square is dangerous enough without difficult to defeat digitalis.

theo

theo

I just finished the map. Can I post it? The other pass the map maps had the author's name "Community" so I'll use that.

Lost in Nowhere

Seeing as Asbestos made a modification but seemingly forgot to upload the new map file, I think we're waiting on him.
Don't die! :)

Lost in Nowhere

Okay, great!
So, now, I think we all play it, post our scores, and then we upload it.
That is, if there aren't any more modifications that need to be made.

stdout

I move that pawel do the actual uploading since this is his project he began.

warren

Before it is posted, if someone could put a hole in the digitalis under the space emitter for balance reasons that would be nice.

Edit:
Actually:

Lost in Nowhere

While you're messing around with it, the bottom-right aether packet is completely impossible to access, which is really, really annoying.

warren

I just playtested it to completion. That aethyr pack is also set at 1000 aethyr. which it a lot. And the game is very hard to start, but maybe it would be easier with a less aggressive strategy that ignores the digitalis for a while. However, those spores consume a lot of power. The map takes a long time, but most of that difficulty is late game trouble. The right segment and the upper right segment are the hardest and take a while. the lower left looks hard, but gets easy if you find the tricks to it. the middle was quite interesting. The map essentially forces you to have two bases, a slow to develop one in the northwest and a strategically complex one in the southeast. That is excellent.

I removed some digitalis from my segment.

UNLOCKED

Edit:
To Theo: your personal message in a capsule I found quite perplexing.

This map provides an excellent example of the bug where loaded save games have commandnodes susceptible to stunning, but freshly placed commandnodes are immune. This map therefore gives you a bonus if you play without saving for the first half.

Expected average map time: 1 hour.

theo

warren

Did you start nw or se? You can only get two commandnodes down se.

Edit:
To theo: that useless powerzone left behind in the se quadrant: the  special emitter script allows for not leaving a reward behind.

theo

Quote from: warren
That aether pack is also set at 1000 aethyr.
When I played the map upgrading was very helpful.

UNLOCKED

Tyler21

Managed to complete the map in about 50 minutes, without the SE aether pack.
I think getting 1000 aether right at the start would slightly unbalance the gameplay, I suggest to change its AMT to 100.
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

theo

When I tried to play I didn't manage to start near the aether pack, I started at the opposite corner of the map.