Custom Map #1729: The Trochilid System. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, February 11, 2015, 06:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1729: The Trochilid System

Author: stdout
Size: 120x120

Desc:
Again the humans think they have setup an adequate defense to protect their beloved Hummingbird asteroid. The creeper, however, are eternal, and our cleverness is only unmatched by our capacity for cruelty. #PlayAsCreeper.

ChaosMaster130

Did someone tweak the PAC code or something? As I no longer see the targeting cursor when I select a spore tower and try to aim it, which makes precise targeting a pain  :'(
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Xeos

I liked that :) Not too hard and a few attacking options to play with . Will play that again as there are some quick times to be had there I think :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

Flash1225

Looks hard. I haven't played it yet, but I can already tell there's two weaknesses here: the lack of AC and that those reactors on the tail provide most of the energy here. Like most everyone else that plays the game, I use AC a LOT. Plus, if you can destroy all those reactors, that tears the base apart. And that's a HUGE energy deficit.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

stdout

Flash1225 you've got the strategy right. Now all that's left to do is make it happen.  :D Have fun!

teknotiss

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on February 12, 2015, 12:30:37 AM
Did someone tweak the PAC code or something? As I no longer see the targeting cursor when I select a spore tower and try to aim it, which makes precise targeting a pain  :'(
targets were there for me!
a bug in your game maybe? or an option in settings, but i don't remember that!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Linden

The targets were there for me, too, but I did do one map a while ago where the reticle wasn't there for me. I can't recall which one, but it's all fine now. Chaosmaster, would that mean it's a problem at user end, rather than server?

Stdout - outstanding map. Loved both the artwork and game play. Thank you. :)

stdout

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long time since I made a map and enjoyed making this one. It was a super easy map but I just wanted to have a fun game. That's my style, I guess.

Hubs

This was quite relaxing after playing all of Nuhages maps :)  good to see a new stdout map

stdout

Hubs

Yeah....havne't had a ton of time to make maps lately, but I do have something planned...soon...

RrR

An idea for a PAC map which I don't have the time or skill to make: A spore tower is about to be nullified - time for one shot - choice of undefended relays to destroy, removing connections to reactor bank/AC mines/air power/berthas etc . (Idea obviously based on the choose your resource maps)

Hubs

RrR, I thought about doing something like this with a spore asteroid. At the start of the map, pick a spot and a spore will fire and create an emitter there. Different areas would strategically allow you to take out different resource types, or possible offer more PZs or Totems.

stdout

Flash1225

Quote from: stdout on February 12, 2015, 10:27:19 AM
Flash1225 you've got the strategy right. Now all that's left to do is make it happen.  :D Have fun!
Yeah, I know. Challenge is gonna be getting digitalis all over the smaller surrounding asteroids and an emitter on at least one of those so that the strafer barrier becomes useless. You really made it so that you can't get anywhere near the main asteroid, because there are a few too many beams to even get a spore to hit anywhere in that void up front.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.