Custom Map #1552: Battle Station Impact. By: Hubs

Started by AutoPost, January 01, 2015, 05:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RrR

10 minutes is possible, but would need a little more fine tuning than I have patience for. The start is tricky. I found that if I wasn't getting a foothold within the first minute it was better to restart before the AC got too deep.
Spoiler
support right emitter in bust mode - field aimed at relay
[close]
Then its a simple matter of expanding left and right.
Spoiler
spores to cross the void to the next arm. Then replace spore tower with emitter.
[close]
Once you are started, you can go down both sides simultaneously.
Spoiler
kill the siphons on the AC reserves as soon as you can.
Ignore the bottom arm - too well defended.
[close]
Getting established on main body is hard.
Spoiler
I destroyed & replaced digitalis on the void to help broaden the attack. Spore overwhelm might work faster.
[close]

Xeos

Quote from: Hubs on January 02, 2015, 08:44:59 AM
Awesome! If you want feedback on your maps, post them in the custom map discussion. There are a lot of map authors that can test your map and provide great feedback.

I produced a map - it's called NukeCity - Its the first map I have ever made ( expect for starcraft maps) so please be gentle ha ha :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

Hubs

Quote from: Xeos on January 04, 2015, 12:28:24 PM
Quote from: Hubs on January 02, 2015, 08:44:59 AM
Awesome! If you want feedback on your maps, post them in the custom map discussion. There are a lot of map authors that can test your map and provide great feedback.

I produced a map - it's called NukeCity - Its the first map I have ever made ( expect for starcraft maps) so please be gentle ha ha :)

Played your map and really enjoyed it.  How was the PAC template? Easy enough to create and finalize?  I too am an old StarCraft map maker :) 

Xeos

Quote from: Hubs on January 04, 2015, 05:14:28 PM
Played your map and really enjoyed it.  How was the PAC template? Easy enough to create and finalize?  I too am an old StarCraft map maker :)

Loved StarCraft Map Making :)

Anyway, the PAC template is easy to use thanks - I am not sure on how to edit the coding to put in nullifiers . If you have a screenshot of the code showing the nullifier code in place that would be really helpful thanks :)

Hubs

When you're in regular game mode you can just press J to place a nullifier placeholder similar to how you place emitters and spore towers with U and I.  No need to edit the code anymore.

Xeos

Oh Right ! Didn't know that so that's useful for the next map! Cheers again :)

D0m0nik

Thanks RrR - Couple of questions - how do you replace a spore tower? I can't work out which button does that?Also how do you delete digitalis, that would be very handy!?

Xeos

Shift X will delete a spore tower or emitter but make sure you don't delete your last emitter like I did !

To delete digitalis, when you have digitalis selected and it is white, you can toggle between white and red by pressing T - red will delete them

Hope this helps

D0m0nik

4xC

Spoiler
I find that the northeastern and western sections require 2 emitters' worth minimum to keep nullifiers out while the eastern and southwestern sections require at least 3 each.

1 spore for each of the first two sections and 2 for each of the next 2.

Securing all but the southeastern section is your cue to spore your way across the void between your starting asteroid and the center, then have as much creeper pouring across as possible without losing your captured sections. Once you own a front inside the center, it's all downhill from there.
[close]
C,C,C,C