Custom Map #1099: System Take Back. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, September 03, 2014, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RrR

If the berthas are giving you grief
Spoiler
distract them with something juicy. They cannot resist 400 deep creeper!
[close]

orangina

I am so glad i took the time to figure out how to play this map. I very much enjoyed it. I look forward to more. I'm gonna go play the other one now. loved it. thanks for your effort. I appreciate it.  ;D

Loren Pechtel

How did I win??  I was focusing on the south, intending to leave the NE command node for last due to all the anti-creeper there.

I had just taken out the SW command node and was bridging to it to get those nodes for spore towers and I was granted victory--yet the NE command node was still there, although unaimed spore fire had taken out most of the units up there.

As for the Berthas--the NE corner of that island has very minimal defenses once you have taken out the center.  I was seeing if I could build up enough creeper there to be useful and to distract the Berthas--it flowed along the edge and got one Bertha.

This one is *MUCH* easier than the other play-as-creeper map.

stdout

Loren, the CRPL code grants victory when all the "minor" units are destroyed. So the CNs and Berthas can still be there and victory is granted. I may change that in future PlayAsCreeper maps.

Chemical

How do I have my creeper cross the gulfs? I was really enjoying the map but I just can't figure out how to access the "islands". Any help would be appreciated.

stdout

To bridge the gaps, send a spore into the void and as soon as it hits, make digitalis out of the pool of creeper.

DestinyAtlantis

Wasn't it all explained in the help dialogs? (I think i remember reading about it)

stdout

Crossing the void isn't covered in the dialog. It's a puzzle that has to be figured out.

Grayzzur

Just played this "PlayAsCreeper" style map for the first time.

That. Was. Awesome.

Looking forward to trying out the rest, and any future maps that come along!
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

stdout

harrymcb

i love this! ;D the concept is amazing! pls make more!

Flash1225

This one's WAY too easy to beat. By the time I had finished up the upper half of the map, I had a burst emitter going at about 1 burst every second, and a bunch of spore towers. Make this one a bit harder. A few less PZs, and a few extra beams.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

harrymcb

to quote stdout it isn't supposed to be to hard. he focuses on fun maps.

stdout

Also this was my first PlayAsCreeper map so there was a lot of learning to get stewbasic's code working. I think some of my later maps are a bit more challenging. Try the Mallard system!