Pass the map 3-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, February 09, 2014, 08:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asbestos

I say the outpost is still too close to the boat launching site. With those anti-boats, it should at least be an island away.

Warpsing

ah, sorry for not reading the rules, i guess i should have paid more attention.

I finalized it. Now is it good?

J

looks good, but someone broke my AC slip emitter
(I only changed the target coords of the slip emitter, +1 to both x and y)

I don't really get where all the spores are coming from, the ones you are warned for seem to be AC spores and the creeper spores seem to come at random, often killing my entire base.

Asbestos

Is this still a thing? Are we ready to upload now?

Warpsing

So... should i have some AC allready spawn on some islands?

Asbestos

ASBESTOS MAKES BAD ART CO. presents:
KNUCKLE CRACKER FORUMGOERS MAKE SEVERAL MAPS
or
KC FORUMS PLAYS CW3 MAP EDITOR
or
LOOK, I MADE A FAN ART

planetfall

For a moment I thought that was a parody of The Ultimate Showdown.

BACK ON TOPIC, the map is still pretty screwed up:
1. the AC boats have kinda messy paths and run aground a lot
2. the entire map is laggy for no good reason. By trial and error and deleting random stuff in the editor, I have deduced that the source of the lag is "everything."
3. imho, having tons of AC emitters everywhere is a poor way of offsetting difficulty. Deleting some emitters and/or boats or reducing their strengths is probably better. That's just me though.

Unless we're just going to abandon this, which seems to be the direction things are headed.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Asbestos

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to make sure.

Okay, not really, but I do propose that we lower the sea level and the emitter strengths and put in some normal, CRPL-free emitters in place of some CRPL emitters to make things less laggy.

planetfall

OK then...

(UN)LOCKED!

-Reduced all emitters strengths by 25%
-Changed Emitter and PhantomEmitter scripts to display amt/interval when the map is first loaded
-Lowered ocean level by 1
-Changed a bunch of sprites to default; they was the source of the lag.
-Switched boat script to the correct one
-Made the friendly boats not snipeable and not count for victory.

MadMag, Warpsing, and whoever did the shipwreck and the inhibitor-looking building! Please change your custom images to be CustomX instead of CustomXpp. For whatever reason whenever pixel perfect sprites are drawn, immense lag occurs. I had to change them just for the game to run at an acceptable speed. (my computer is old, don't judge me.)
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

burguertime

How this "pass the map thread" aligns with the do not post maps here sticky?

Is that even a real thing?
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Asbestos

Quote from: burguertime on April 01, 2014, 12:33:39 AM
How this "pass the map thread" aligns with the do not post maps here sticky?

Is that even a real thing?
If we posted each and every new version of the map on Colonial Space, it would be much, much harder to get everything done.

pawel345

The do not post maps here is meant for finished maps. Sometimes if you only need to test the map and so on it's ok to post it. And we do upload the finished map to CS. The rule came up when CS launched as people still posted maps on the forums instead of CS.

Warpsing

UNLOKED

chantges:
fixed my images.
slightly buffed the guppy.

added 2 more outposts. they both include a bertha.

More bombers, anyone?

burguertime

Quote from: pawel345 on April 01, 2014, 01:52:23 AM
The do not post maps here is meant for finished maps. Sometimes if you only need to test the map and so on it's ok to post it. And we do upload the finished map to CS. The rule came up when CS launched as people still posted maps on the forums instead of CS.

If this is so, that policy post really need to be clarified.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Warpsing