Custom Map #1: Matasia

Started by knucracker, December 22, 2013, 07:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

This topic is for discussion of map #1: Matasia

Author: Michionlion

Desc:
Well, something is certainly wrong here...

Karsten75

The only thing wrong is the exorbitant price of a Siphon! :P

Michionlion

That was so you couldn't rush the deposit.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

sabinou

Aaargh, I give up. Could someone spoil me how that map can be done, please ? ^^

Michionlion

If you'd like to go the slow way, start with a base in the north-west, and then speed to the emitters on that island.  Once you take that out, build up your forces (bombers are useful here) and attack.  Key is to only use 1 CN, as two will not leave enough room for PCs.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

oldnewby

Karsten75

Wow. Responding to an 8-year old post by a member that has not been active here for 8 years.

Martin Gronsdal

yes, that's a good thing

Dark6al3a

Quote from: Karsten75 on June 19, 2022, 04:50:57 PM
Wow. Responding to an 8-year old post by a member that has not been active here for 8 years.

Haha
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

oldnewby

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on June 19, 2022, 05:34:00 PMyes, that's a good thing
Martin... Awesome does not capture my amazement at the caliber of play you and D0m0nik had already achieved way back in December 2013... After... using my best conventional play methods... 16 plus game minutes later... with brute force and hours of micromanagement... I managed a win...  Theen... Sitting here looking at the times... It was obvious that I had once again missed something that is obvious to skilled players who understand the game mechanics... So... I tried the only way I could think of that 2 command ships could yield times as fast as yours... It worked... Not only that...  since 2013... you have created 246 CW3 maps... AstraNine and I are attempting walk in the footsteps of giants... Thank you again for your example and helpful hints... A large part pf the pleasure of playing CW3 is learning new things...
Spoiler