Why CW3 patch is Not Small as CW2&1?

Started by pyaehtetaung, November 12, 2013, 09:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyaehtetaung

CW1 size is about 25MB and Its Patch is About 2-3MB. ;D
CW2 size is about 33MB and Its Patch is About 12MB. ;D
But CW3 is too big for me it take more than hours to download. >:(
I am not in US.My connection is 33kb/s(it is MAX). Sometime drop to 20kb/s.

teknotiss

Quote from: pyaehtetaung on November 12, 2013, 09:45:54 PM
CW1 size is about 25MB and Its Patch is About 2-3MB. ;D
CW2 size is about 33MB and Its Patch is About 12MB. ;D
But CW3 is too big for me it take more than hours to download. >:(
I am not in US.My connection is 33kb/s(it is MAX). Sometime drop to 20kb/s.

that's simply because CW3 is a much bigger game, so the patches are likewise larger. i'm afraid the only suggestions i have is to set the patch to download when you are sleeping. otherwise if there is a friend, webcafe or library etc with a faster connection you could DL the patch there and transfer the patch physically on a flash key.
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

The reason for this is two-fold.

1. The original downlaod for CW1 and CW2 was a package containing both the Adobe AIR run-time and the CW3 game.

Patches after that was simply the game, no AIR runtime.

2. CW3 is not developed with AIR, but with Unity3D.  This game has more images, higher (and more) graphics and lots of code based on the way newer code bases are structured. Thus when you download, every patch is roughly the size of the CW3 game, which does not change.

All I can recommend is that you wait until you actually hit one of the bugs fixed before you try to download. Many bugs are not applicable to all players and you may not have to download every patch.

Otherwise the advice of trying to find a faster or more reliable connection might be useful

Also of help would be to install a download manager that can resume downloads after a failure or interruption to the process.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

I would wait till a big update comes out.  The update with Colonial Space will be the one that you really want to get.  The current update (in public beta) just fixes some minor bugs mostly.  So if your internet connection is slow or you have to pay for the amount you download, I would wait for the big update coming later.

pyaehtetaung

Ninja

Man, you're so unlucky. I get up to like, 1.3 MB/s when I'm downloading Steam stuff.

Grauniad

Quote from: Ninjadude501 on November 13, 2013, 07:25:24 PM
Man, you're so unlucky. I get up to like, 1.3 MB/s when I'm downloading Steam stuff.

I feel your pain. I usually get around 25Mbps.

NFITC1

BTW, the current update (1.10) increases loading times dramatically. It seems there's a full 30 seconds between when I push a button to start a map and it begins loading. What would be causing that?

knucracker

Nothing as far as I know.... Have you conducted a comparison between equal maps across different versions?  Try loading a map with 1.10, then do it again to make sure you get the same time.  Then install 1.04 and try that.  Note that you can copy your 1.04 and 1.10 directories so you can have both at the same time.  There isn't anything special about them living in the installation directory.

pyaehtetaung

Quote from: Grauniad on November 13, 2013, 07:52:51 PM
Quote from: Ninjadude501 on November 13, 2013, 07:25:24 PM

I feel your pain. I usually get around 25Mbps.

So,I think you download 90MB in about 4s.That is great.Because I never seen that speed.You know my connection is 33Kb/s is max(within about 01:00 am to 11:00am).Later 10:00am connection is like near died.And like Snails and Slugs Racing.

Grauniad

Quote from: pyaehtetaung on November 14, 2013, 10:49:45 PM

So,I think you download 90MB in about 4s.That is great.Because I never seen that speed.You know my connection is 33Kb/s is max(within about 01:00 am to 11:00am).Later 10:00am connection is like near died.And like Snails and Slugs Racing.

My sincere apologies. I was replying to Ninjadude501.

I well remember the pain when I was on dial-up and I calculated my download times in hours or days. It's not fun. Hence my recommendation to look for a download manager that can resume your download after an interruption.

pyaehtetaung

iycgtptyarvg

@pyaehtetaung:
33 kb/s? May I ask which country you come from? Maybe somewhere in western Asia or Africa?
Maybe you could set up snail mail to get a USB stick or CD from a friend?
Perhaps one of us here on the forum can send it to you?

It's great though, that you have a computer that can run CW3.

pyaehtetaung

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on November 16, 2013, 11:19:59 AM
@pyaehtetaung:
33 kb/s? May I ask which country you come from? Maybe somewhere in western Asia or Africa?
Maybe you could set up snail mail to get a USB stick or CD from a friend?
Perhaps one of us here on the forum can send it to you?

It's great though, that you have a computer that can run CW3.
I am from Myanmar.In South East Asia.
No any firend.I download myself.
33kb/s is only sleep time and morning.
later 0kb/s.