Best of the Alpha Sector

Started by TonyP2000, October 05, 2013, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMouser

did not work, so i have to explain, what is that diamond shaped gray thing way to the right that defeat everything shooting creeper at them? and how to defeat it? since i cant even get close to it. thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

kwinse

Fly a sprayer over to the AC emitter island (and turn on its field, 'cause hey, free AC spraying). That will distract the creeper gun.

PMouser

will it kill the sprayer? like my other stuff

PMouser

ok, thanks, i did do the begining and am dug in, i have a nice base thanks for the begining advice  i then came to this creeper gun as i cautionally advanced.
here is an image of where i am:

hope that works

Katra

I fought my way around the outside of the gun's range until I had plenty of power, then slowly advanced on two fronts.
Spoiler
The gun fires at the CLOSEST unit. If that is part of a cluster of weapons they will destroy the creeper while taking only minor damage. The trick is making sure your collector/relay doesn't get hit.
[close]
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

PMouser

ok thanks, i won that map, i am now on to up and over? how to do it. thanks
here it is:

Wheatmidge

Quote from: Katra on December 23, 2013, 08:39:41 PM
I fought my way around the outside of the gun's range until I had plenty of power, then slowly advanced on two fronts.
Spoiler
The gun fires at the CLOSEST unit. If that is part of a cluster of weapons they will destroy the creeper while taking only minor damage. The trick is making sure your collector/relay doesn't get hit.
[close]
Spoiler
I had a different strategy for the creeper gun. I put a few sprayers on the anticreeper island to give the gun something closer to shoot at at first. Then after barraging the area of the gun with bethas I surrounded the gun with sprayers and then used a guppy to build the nullifier
[close]

NNR_Alex

Quote from: PMouser on December 24, 2013, 05:36:30 PM
ok thanks, i won that map, i am now on to up and over? how to do it. thanks
here it is:

This one has given me trouble as well.  I've tried to rush the middle emitter with no luck.  I can usually get all three nodes connected and the walled off emitters nullified, but doing that means I haven't gotten other weapons built to defend from the middle emitter.  It also overflows too fast for me to nullify the spore towers.  I feel like I'm onto something but missing some steps somewhere.

Fisherck

For Up and Over you want to take full advantage of the ore that I gave you on the map. Once you build them, sprayers are zero energy weapons, and that can be very helpful in energy crunches like this one. After that it gets fuzzy (it's been a while since I've played it... ;)), but it's crucial to get rid of those runners nests as soon as possible. It's very hard to fight runners on an uphill battle, and that will slow you down a lot (once again, sprayers will help you with this). Hope that helps :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Wheatmidge

I gave Up an Over a playthrough last night.
The biggest piece of advice I can suggest is that you can build a siphon and then get rid of both runner dens after they have only made about 5-10 runners and then one sniper can get rid of the remaining runners so you won't have to deal with them at all.
After you destroy the runner dens just focus on some defences. Sprayers are very helpful in uphill battles because they splash up the hills when they shoot and as Fisherck pointed out they do not cost energy once built.
I would not worry about the outside emitters for quite a while, they will not overflow easily. And it will only take one mortar each to completely stop them.

PMouser

what about the spores? and i cant get rid of the runner nests because they disable the collectors and nulifier i used to try. and i cant do it fast enough before the creeper arrives

Wheatmidge

Quote from: PMouser on December 25, 2013, 12:37:16 PM
what about the spores? and i cant get rid of the runner nests because they disable the collectors and nulifier i used to try. and i cant do it fast enough before the creeper arrives

Place your orbital as close to the runners nests as possible and you will not need a collector in between it and the nullifier. And build the nullifier as far away from the runners nest as possible and the runners shouldn't hit them much. I think my one finished without being shot by a runner and the other one was only attacked once.
you will need a few beams to deal with the spores. I actually forgot to build beams fast enough and had to do a little clean up after the spores killed a few collectors.

PMouser

ok, thanks, can you put a screen shot up of your line up please? and will the map still be close to imposible when i do what you said?
How many sprayers per orbitor?
putting in the forge really messes up my energy levels too.
I tried and i cant get my sprayers up in time so still imposible

Wheatmidge

Quote from: PMouser on December 25, 2013, 01:29:13 PM
ok, thanks, can you put a screen shot up of your line up please? and will the map still be close to imposible when i do what you said?
How many sprayers per orbitor?
putting in the forge really messes up my energy levels too.
I tried and i cant get my sprayers up in time so still imposible

I would show a screen shot... I had actually meant to take one but I haven't figured out what the hotkey is for screenshot yet. Sometimes I'm a little silly and don't understand basic things... sorry.

PMouser

try F12 , if not please try to explain what to do. thanks