ETG: The Second Series (On Hold Until Custom Characters Update)

Started by eighttailedfox, October 05, 2013, 03:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eighttailedfox

Alright. Good to know. I'll update my game and see if the project is viable.

(insert thumbs up icon)

Clean0nion

Quote from: eighttailedfox on January 31, 2014, 07:22:04 PM

(insert thumbs up icon)
If you have actually finished the maps, that's pretty amazing because I honestly didn't expect that.
And if you haven't - you still have the most developed CW3 story so far, other than obviously Arc Eternal, and I can't tell if someone else is planning something spectacular in secret. J, 3P, pawel, eduran - I'm looking at you.

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Clean0nion on January 31, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

(insert thumbs up icon)
If you have actually finished the maps, that's pretty amazing because I honestly didn't expect that.

I meant about the update. I haven't been visiting the beta thread daily, so I wouldn't have known until someone mentioned the update. The project is still pretty far from getting off the ground, but knowing it's now possible, means there might be some good news soon.

Clean0nion

Quote from: eighttailedfox on January 31, 2014, 07:29:48 PM

(insert thumbs up icon)

I meant about the update. I haven't been visiting the beta thread daily, so I wouldn't have known until someone mentioned the update. The project is still pretty far from getting off the ground, but knowing it's now possible, means there might be some good news soon.
If you click "notify" at the top of a thread then you get emails about it - but I still have unread emails about past versions that I nver bothered to read because I just come straight to the forum.
Anyway, good luck with your project. If you haven't started dabbling in CRPL just yet I recommend you look at J's inaccurately-labelled #UnitSeries collection of maps to check out shield keys and how they work.
Good luck!

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Clean0nion on January 31, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

(insert thumbs up icon)

If you click "notify" at the top of a thread then you get emails about it - but I still have unread emails about past versions that I nver bothered to read because I just come straight to the forum.
Anyway, good luck with your project. If you haven't started dabbling in CRPL just yet I recommend you look at J's inaccurately-labelled #UnitSeries collection of maps to check out shield keys and how they work.
Good luck!

Got a link? Is it buried somewhere?

Clean0nion

Quote from: eighttailedfox on January 31, 2014, 07:38:25 PM
Quote from: Clean0nion on January 31, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

(insert thumbs up icon)

Good luck!

Got a link? Is it buried somewhere?
It's in Colonial Space - get a version that's at least 1.50, preferably just get the latest version. Open up Colonial Space and hang on, I'll just post some code here.

once
   "HASH" ArtifactCollected IsEditMode or if
      # Do this if the key HAS been collected
   else
      # Do this if the key HAS NOT been collected
      "You need the key from the previous map in order to play this map." "Oh, alright then" "" ShowMessageDialog
   endif
endonce

All you do is one the first map, place a shield key. Then double-click it and it'll show a Base64 code that you can't edit. Just copy it, and paste it into the speechmarks where I've written HASH. It'll look something like 379ced0a6ba2428293842e1cae42f7e2.

Then save that file as a .crpl file in the scripts folder of the second map, and compile.
I strongly recommend you build a few other CRPL maps first, if only to get the hang of it.

tornado

I just started replaying the ETF series(and you know, actually winning some of the worlds.) and i must say I'm glad to see there are plans for a continuation. for custom characters there's always planetfalls custom text thingy(link here:http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17683.msg125638#msg125638. its in that map. somewhere.)
As for CRPL:Yes. its a pain but i understand. take as much time as you want/ need. I'm sure the series will be worth it.

Incidentaly:sorry if i sound like an idiot.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one