Where did you get stuck? (Arc Missions)

Started by Duomaxwel, October 05, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squallsoft

Im STILL stuck on Fabor. Talk about a difficulty spike! You need to be perfect on that map. GRRRR

Grauniad

We're all cheering for you. Kick your game up a notch and you will win for sure. You do know there are two stages, and that the 2nd stage allows for about 20 additional minutes, right?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

squallsoft

Yea, I still fail :-p    Ill keep trying! Thanks for the support!!

Helper

Quote from: Helper on October 07, 2013, 10:49:20 AM
It will really help us give precise advice if you will post a screen shot of where you are in a game.

Simply hit the "F11 or F12" key, then navigate to C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CreeperWorld3\Screenshots

The image captured key will give us the information we need to help.

H

@squallsoft - if you give us some details, maybe someone can help you out.

TonyP2000

Quote from: squallsoft on October 25, 2013, 02:57:29 PM
Im STILL stuck on Fabor. Talk about a difficulty spike! You need to be perfect on that map. GRRRR

Have you checked my youtube vid of it? It shows a pretty good set up on how to beat it. Plus I beat it in phase one, so if you are not fast enough, seeing what I do will put you in a good position to take out phase 2.
Vote Tony!

DMCH

Stuck on Lemal. Those moving patches of creeper always get through whatever defenses I put in their way. Tried putting down AC, but always seem to run out of ore. Any pointers?

Michionlion

Quote from: DMCH on October 27, 2013, 08:17:20 AM
Stuck on Lemal. Those moving patches of creeper always get through whatever defenses I put in their way. Tried putting down AC, but always seem to run out of ore. Any pointers?
At least 10 blasters and mortars, then relays.  Or use strafers to clear an area and land a CN.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

DMCH

Grauniad

Quote from: DMCH on October 27, 2013, 08:17:20 AM
You could use Terps to level the tracks a little and give yourself a better firing range... Then you don't need that many. Also use some upgrades in range and firing speed.

squallsoft

Thanks, Tony. I will give it a try later today and post my results!

ctuna

Seems I need a little help on Otrav; I've tried syphoning the energy, building reactors, nullifying both the NW hilltop transmitters and building a bertha in one of the PZ's, but then still can't seem to get enough attacking force to keep the creeper from overwhelming me. Any hints?

Grauniad

Quote from: ctuna on October 28, 2013, 11:17:08 AM
Seems I need a little help on Otrav; I've tried syphoning the energy, building reactors, nullifying both the NW hilltop transmitters and building a bertha in one of the PZ's, but then still can't seem to get enough attacking force to keep the creeper from overwhelming me. Any hints?

Make a rush for the top-left hilltop. have just enough blasters on the left of the channel separating your landing sites to keep the shallow creeper at bay. I never built Berthas, but built a forge and concentrated on upgrading my unit capabilities.  I think it's possible to kill at least two units on the hilltops before the roving force fields begin  to impact you. Shields also play well here.

ctuna

Thanks, Grauniad, I'll try it that way. I haven't figured out what the hilltops really do, but maybe if I get further into the mission it will be clear.

Grauniad

There are two roving inverted force fields. When they come  to pause on a hilltop with a device on it, they kind of hold a large amount of creeper that they release when they move on, creating a small flood of creeper.

When you destroy a hilltop, it releases some AC.  You can use that, with the few AC resources available to create a safe zone for advances. Also use the totems to increase Aether production.

steelwing

Quote from: Grauniad on October 28, 2013, 11:40:50 AM
There are two roving inverted force fields. When they come  to pause on a hilltop with a device on it, they kind of hold a large amount of creeper that they release when they move on, creating a small flood of creeper.

When you destroy a hilltop, it releases some AC.  You can use that, with the few AC resources available to create a safe zone for advances. Also use the totems to increase Aether production.
Thank you, Grauniad and ctuna.  I keep meaning to post about this map.  I'm stuck there right now.  :P