Titan Suggestions

Started by ShadowDragon7015, February 24, 2013, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronini

Anything could be done with CRPL.

MizInIA

I don't think you can create any user placeable weapons with CPRL. Only enemy weapons and maybe something that would help you but not be controlled directly by you but controlled by the CPRL script that tells it what to do.

pawel345

From what we have seen in the "Vitreous and Resinous Electrical Fluid" video it might be possible for CRPL to place one of player controlled units, and from what we can see in "Chimera" it can place custom images, so for example it can create a blaster, put a custom image on top of it, monitor where it is and execute a script depending on where the player moves it. So in effect it would make a player controlled custom unit. Probably we will have to see for ourselves when we get the game.^^

Grauniad

Quote from: MizInIA on July 17, 2013, 03:43:19 PM
I don't think you can create any user placeable weapons with CPRL. Only enemy weapons and maybe something that would help you but not be controlled directly by you but controlled by the CPRL script that tells it what to do.

Well, don't be too sure. What may be true today may well not be the facts tomorrow.... CRPL is like Virgil's little Lego set and he keeps adding bits and pieces. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on July 17, 2013, 04:15:26 PM
Well, don't be too sure. What may be true today may well not be the facts tomorrow.... CRPL is like Virgil's little Lego set and he keeps adding bits and pieces. :)
I wouldn't call CRPL a "little" Lego set.  More like virgil's Legoland :)
We have become the creeper...

MizInIA

Quote from: Grauniad on July 17, 2013, 04:15:26 PM

Legos are awesome. my favorite piece has to be the round translucent single, or maybe the long 1 x 8 half (or were they 1/3)height. my least favorite to step on in the middle of the night is the 4 square regular height. It seems to have the optimal corner to foot ratio. :) Wait, what were we talking about?...

CPRL based user controlled weapons/structures would be a mighty powerful tool to give the custom map maker. Heck just being able to modify the build cost or damage done by weapons/structures could drastically alter how easy or hard a map is.

Grauniad

Quote from: MizInIA on July 17, 2013, 04:47:24 PM
Heck just being able to modify the build cost or damage done by weapons/structures could drastically alter how easy or hard a map is.

Unit build cost has, since inception, been an editor option for all standard units.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MizInIA

Quote from: Grauniad on July 17, 2013, 04:55:27 PM
Quote from: MizInIA on July 17, 2013, 04:47:24 PM
Heck just being able to modify the build cost or damage done by weapons/structures could drastically alter how easy or hard a map is.

Unit build cost has, since inception, been an editor option for all standard units.

good to know

JF-T

I'm knida oaky at thinking up new ideas for games, so I'll give it a shot... usually only helps tohugh if i paly it, ut here i go.

Name: AC Nexus

Yes, this idea is one i got while palying the final missions in CW 1 and 2 but bear with me.

Now this wouldn't be sentient or anything, but basically is would be kind of a large unit/building and what you'd do is place it near ore (or something) and all it would do is pump out Anti-Creeper at a much larger efficiency than any other device taht exists (other than emmiters for normal creeper or say... the original Nexi). It would take a very long time to build, but an idea exists you would jsut feed it white packets to keep its process of generation going after ore deposits would be depleted.

Name: Power Core

Quite literally a giant reactor, this would be built upon a power zone and only a power zone (you know, incase any are unused since you don't really use air... like me xD). It would roughly have the power generation of 10 reactors, and would cost as much as roughly 9 or 9 and a half reactors to build. It would require ammo packets in order to charge up and activate itself after being built. It would however be jsut as immobile as a reactor, but would also last al ittle bit against creeper.

Name: The Pride Cannon

Literally a joke Titan, it would shoot a focused laser projectile at a target spot, and upon hitting, it would persist in the area, burning every layer of creeper in a small radius. While flying it would have a rainbow trail effect and the area it would burn would be lit up with the same color. Rainbow. Honestly It would probably take a bit to build similarily like the bertha and be immobile like it. I picture it as a mega mortar, but i think that's that the bertha is.

Name: Photonic Disentegration Beam Walker (or P.D.B.W. for short)

Not sure if something in any way similar to this has already been thought up but whatever, still put it up here. It would be a unit that could move and attack at once, it wouldn't fly because it would be more like a mech. the Stalker could move over other smaller units such as blasters or collectors, and would honestly be more like a super weapon the palyer would find on a heavily creeper infested world. It would most likely be up on a plateau as it's got no special shielding versus the creeper and as it attacks it would litterally be like a wall of lasers that can only hit creeper. it can walk up cliff levels, but only if there's a 2 level difference or less (like it can't go from level 1 to 4, it has to go to level 1 then to 2 or 3 then to 4). This wall of lasers would be constant and powered by it's very own power source, either some kind of self-generating/sustaining reactor, or something that wouldn't do anything to energy collection at all. It woul be slow moving, since it'd be slightly bigger than the Bertha.

Just a few ideas. I get 'em all the time quite literally so I thought I'd share. I love doing so.
Also nice ideas everyone, tons of creative people here, that's for sure! :D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

J

Quote from: JF-T on August 03, 2013, 03:21:19 AM
Name: Power Core

Quite literally a giant reactor, this would be built upon a power zone and only a power zone (you know, incase any are unused since you don't really use air... like me xD). It would roughly have the power generation of 10 reactors, and would cost as much as roughly 9 or 9 and a half reactors to build. It would require ammo packets in order to charge up and activate itself after being built. It would however be jsut as immobile as a reactor, but would also last al ittle bit against creeper.
I'd rather build a normal reactor over a PZ... Gives roughly the same amount of energy and doesn't need to charge up.

Also try to type a little bit slower, it's pretty hard to read your text as many characters are swapped.

ShadowDragon7015

It would take a very long time to build, but an idea exists you would jsut feed it white packets to keep its process of generation going after ore deposits would be depleted.

The ore deposits don't deplete.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

tornado

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on September 05, 2013, 08:38:20 AM
It would take a very long time to build, but an idea exists you would jsut feed it white packets to keep its process of generation going after ore deposits would be depleted.

easy exploit
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

JonneeG

Quote from: tornado on September 17, 2013, 01:03:34 PM

easy exploit

How so?
you get X energy per second in CW1, 2 & 3 .     
In CW3 it seems you would get Y ore per second
It doesn't seem very exploitable (unless energy is exploitable).  Please elaborate if possible.

(personally I almost never used AC in CW2 in fear of depleting the ore deposits and suddenly have my makers stop working)

tornado

Quote from: JonneeG on September 17, 2013, 10:30:36 PM

easy exploit

How so?
It doesn't seem very exploitable (unless energy is exploitable).  Please elaborate if possible.

(personally I almost never used AC in CW2 in fear of depleting the ore deposits and suddenly have my makers stop working)

make a sheild wall with sprayers as well as have a few ore desposet and a reactor farm and your set
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Dark18

Quote from: tornado on September 19, 2013, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: JonneeG on September 17, 2013, 10:30:36 PM

easy exploit

How so?

make a sheild wall with sprayers as well as have a few ore desposet and a reactor farm and your set

you need 3 ore deposits to use 1 sprayer @full power....  so good luck building you "shield wall with sprayers"