Release Date???

Started by Daniel.Drache, August 12, 2012, 03:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Lord_Farin

Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

knucracker

As soon as I give a date, I'll miss it.  That's a universal law and woven into the fabric of space-time.  All I can say is the game is more complete today than it was yesterday and remaining items to be done are getting checked off.

Other insight I can give about this game is that it is significantly more complex that both of the first two games put together.  There are just many pieces to it...
That said, the bulk of these pieces are in place so I'm hopeful for a release in the not too distant future.

hoodwink

Quote from: virgilw on April 02, 2013, 10:44:16 AM
That said, the bulk of these pieces are in place so I'm hopeful for a release in the not too distant future.

Excellent
Note: This is probably as much information as you'll get for now.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

lich98

Quote from: Grauniad on September 07, 2012, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: Michionlion on September 07, 2012, 05:44:09 PM
beta people are chosen from people who are active on the forum...  I don't think i'm allowed to say more. :)
Were you even allowed to say that much? :)
That remains to be seen
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

thepenguin

Quote from: lich98 on April 02, 2013, 06:15:03 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on September 07, 2012, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: Michionlion on September 07, 2012, 05:44:09 PM
beta people are chosen from people who are active on the forum...  I don't think i'm allowed to say more. :)
Were you even allowed to say that much? :)
That remains to be seen
betas are chosen from the collection of people virgil likes... or not...

as to the release date, the day afterwards, nostradamus or the mayans will have predicted it... somehow...
We have become the creeper...

mrsnipey

Is there a way we can register an e-mail address and be notified when the game is released?

TrickyDragon

not sure if V will set something like that up, but other active members of the community might let you know Via email (or other fashion) if you ask them kindly ^^ (and if they remember LOL)
This is Life,  Life happens.

Grauniad

Quote from: mrsnipey on April 03, 2013, 05:23:16 AM
Is there a way we can register an e-mail address and be notified when the game is released?

It is a good idea and I've asked Virgil if he wants to do something about it. In the mean time, another way to do that would be to sign up to be notified if a new thread is posted in the "Announcements" board here on the forum. You can look at that and see how seldom it is updated. It may serve as a good method.

Ronini

Or you could be killing two birds with one stone, by setting up such a notification for the "Pict of the week" thread. This way you'd get a notification whenever there isa new blog post. Surely V will post the release there, too.

knucracker

Twitter can also be a good way to check.  I'll definitely tweet about the release or anything important for that matter (same for facebook).
twitter.com/knucracker
facebook.com/knucracker

If you wanted tweets from @knucracker to get emailed to you there might be some site that would do that for you.  I don't have any experience with them, but someone else reading this post might...

koker93

I liked the knucklecracker page on facebook and see the blog updates there.  Then I know to come here (as if I hadn't been here twice a day checking anyway) and look for the new blog entry.

Grun

Other alternative, spam this thread every 5 min till we know :P

On a serious not it will be here when its here, I hate to say it but that how it is.

I just wish there was a little indication like it going to be here this decade, year, month......??

Grun

Grauniad

Quote from: Grun on April 04, 2013, 07:56:54 PM
Other alternative, spam this thread every 5 min till we know :P

On a serious not it will be here when its here, I hate to say it but that how it is.

I just wish there was a little indication like it going to be here this decade, year, month......??

Grun

This decade: 99.99% probability
This year: 97.678% probability
This month: Errr....% probability
Next month: Errr....+10% probability.
Month after: Errr...+17.65% probability

knucracker

I was watching a Dr. Who last night ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rryzz ) and he had a great line that I'm going use:
"I can't tell the future, I only work there".