CW2 perma crashing!

Started by teknotiss, May 24, 2012, 05:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: teknotiss on May 25, 2012, 11:36:42 AM
Quote from: Karsten75 on May 25, 2012, 11:19:01 AM
I don't know if you can follow these steps to get a log file that might indicate the crash....

http://backroom.bostonproductions.com/?p=902
thanks for helping
i looked at that page, but when i searched for the mm.cfg file on my pc it wasn't there (or i couldn't find it for some reason), would that be the issue?
i've bookmarked that page so i'll give it a go if i can find mm.cfg.

Create it by manually editing a file in the correct location as per the locations in the referenced link.

Here is my mm.cfg file:

PolicyFileLog=1
PolicyFileLogAppend=0
ErrorReportingEnable=1
TraceOutputFileEnable=1
ErrorReportingEnable=1
MaxWarnings=1000
SuppressDebuggerExceptionDialogs=1

One more thing, you may have to download the debug version of AIR from the Adobe site:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-6fa6d7e0128cca93d31-8000.html

knucracker

Yeah, he'll need the debug version of AIR.  Also, make sure only one AIR app is running at a time (watch out for thing like pandora desktop, tweetdeck, etc) when trying to collect a log file.

thepenguin

okay, what OS are you running?

xp/vista/win7/win8/other?
We have become the creeper...

teknotiss

ok! fixed. ;D
thanks for the help dudes!
it was something to do with air. i uninstalled all cw games and map editors deleted all app data to do with cw, then uninstalled air.
then ran ASC and rebooted.
ran the reg checker of asc again just in case.
reinstalled air and cw1+2 + editors in Program Files\Knucklecracker\
ran cw2 and bonza!  8)
updated and it's working ok.
might do a sys restore point before reloading the custom maps, but i think the error crept in during the nuusual crash and somehow existed in air and Cw so should be ok now.
again thanks for all the help
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus