Custom Map #710: Survival

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2012, 12:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #710: Survival

Author: Funkychicken121

Desc:
How long can you hold out? (Top score = most time taken)

NickHounsome

I can hold out indefinitely and I'm pretty sure that with a few tries I, or someone better than me could pin back all the emitters.
With my first go I only had enough reactors to hold out but a few more and I could have claimed a bit of extra reactor build area and from then on it should snowball.

I like the idea of a survival game though. The problem is that it is highly unlikely that you can create something that good players can't hold out indefinitely on whilst also allowing novices to last more than a few seconds

PeterPower

Also, bc the longest time will always go to the bottom of the list, you need to set up a way to increase the score (Like map#675 by Kithros). If you had 1000 packet crystals to collect all at the top (or even in the terrain), with point values that are higher than the score lost for time, it would actually make it possible that the LONGER you play the HIGHER your score.

CyberDyneSystems

I managed a decent land grab in the middle at the beginning using a few basters and shields, which gave me a few extra levels for reactors. All reactors save for two tech domes.
This gave me enough power to fight down to the double diamonds on the upper sides.

I got the top two pairs of Emitters pinned, and the real estate and diamonds gained gave me more reactors and with the two tech domes I already had, and the free techs from the diamonds ended up at maxed reactor efficiency, max energy storage max packet speed, and two upgrades each to fire speed and range. from there,. I made it below and got more diamonds and upgrades..

Then I had nothing left to do, so quit.

This was a truly hard level, not the cake walks I've seen in the past from FunkyChicken,. (I always enjoy them, but they don't tend to be very challenging)  

PLEASE Make a version with nullifiers so we can be challenged AND finish the level and post a time that means something!

Thanks for a fun map.

P.S. WHOA Someone kept it up for 172 minutes!

tijno77

great map :) i also got the kristals on the top 2 lvl's.

but to pin down the emitters costs me more engergy then not doing it XD so I just fall back.

im currently just watching TV... and im not dying... i've got the creeper on a constant lvl and i could hold it for a couple more hours :)

but i'll probably just take the bunkers and post a score soon....

nullifiers would be great on this map !

OMG.... i had 133 minutes... but you can only post ur fastes score... BUMMER... lol