Custom Map #643: Quickly!

Started by AutoPost, January 03, 2012, 12:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #643: Quickly!

Author: Funkychicken121

Desc:
Dig!

Ghoti

I get the feeling 1:02.6 is still suboptimal. However, I feel that to improve it, you would be a good understanding of the LS's packet scheduling system to prioritize rifts.

Balancing the left and right dig also might yield some benefits, and rather then filling just one side of the dig like I did, fill the whole thing.

It's stupidly simple but a speed run was interesting.

zx

i love super quick maps that can be perfected to the single click.

just found 2 funny smeling world record times, what do you think?

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/viewmaps.php?mapid=634
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/viewmaps.php?mapid=643

i hope i'm wrong and nobody had succesfully  dissected packets that game sends when submitink times, that would be sad.

Kithros

I wouldn't be surprised if that time was possible, but it would require very tedious use of packets - technically speaking, you can always send out 2 packets to a dig site 1 frame after another (after the first dig site anyway) if you time it properly, but doing this for every single time you have to dig gets ridiculously tedious. There are also some tedious ways to improve times by flying the LS over a microrift to reduce packet distance slightly. As for if anyone actually bothered to do this.. I can't really say, but it's probably theoretically possible.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not saying that this is a legit time - I doubt it is, but it *might* be possible. If it is it's far too tedious for me to bother with.

Ghoti

On the second map, it's worth noting that repulsors are very effective for some reason. REALLY effective. If he just used some blasters to clear corners, repulsed then instantly built a nullifier? Mighta worked. Still that is a very uh... impressive... time.

CJY101

map id: 643
my time : 1 min 0 sec
I am very sure, this map time most most up 0.?s
Impossible 0 min 51.4 sec (12059)
This time is almost equal to the terrain dug through time. (12060)
I'm sure he is a fake scores.
So I don't believe, Other map about his score (time).
If I am wrong! Please oneself rebuttal.
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

Funkychicken121

Just in case you forgot, micro rifts can shorten packet travel time by a lot...just putting that up for discussion.
-Insert Signature Here-

CJY101

1 minutes...
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission