This topic is for discussion of map #703: Save Kitty

Author: Shimizu

Desc:
halp

Shimizu

I simply had to do it.  I have no excuses ^^
Meow?

Zaggy

Your maps are lots of fun to play, Shimizu, and this one is no exception.  They're usually not too difficult, but they're lots of fun and aesthetically pleasing.

The kitty (er, .... the inside of the tree) can be overrun easily if you don't mount a defense in time, so there is a sense of danger; that's a good thing.  Thumbs-up.

TrickyDragon

OMG KITTY MUST RESQWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZZ
This is Life,  Life happens.

Shimizu

I typically just make things that 'I would enjoy playing' rather than trying to build to any sort of challenge level.
I was playing with the editor the other day when our new kitten jumped on my lap and said MEOW?  And then I thought, aha, a kitty level...

I find my main reason for NOT making things 'too difficult' is that the amount of 'testing' I have to do tends to take the joy out of creating for me, with the restarting over and over to try and get things adjusted perfectly, I lose interest...I have about 10 'scrapped' projects sitting in my /maps/ directory simply because I can't be bothered to start them from beginning again and play through them a dozen times in order to tune difficulty.  Which is unfortunate but don't really see a way round it ;)
Meow?

DethbyIT

Fun game - thanks!

About those unfinished games...
If you really don't want to continue working on them, you can attach them to one of your posts.
We might have other players who would be interested in finishing them up. Your ideas are always great and it would be a way of getting more of them published.
dbit