Custom Map #398: Nova

Started by AutoPost, October 31, 2011, 08:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #398: Nova

Author: Eudrick

Desc:
Neutrons, X-Rays and Flares.. OH MY!!!! A routine astronomical misson goes awry. DO NOT allow the star to form a black hole.

eudrick

IMHO it's worth watching the "star" for about 8 minutes (on turbo) just for the colors.  Then restart it and knock yourself out.   :D
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Katra

Really neat map.  ;D

To get the conversion bomb tech I had to build some 'armored beacons' by surrounding the beacon with shields. One of them ended up in the wrong spot and creeper appeared inside the shields ...  :-[
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

eudrick

Quote from: Katra on November 01, 2011, 12:13:07 AM
Really neat map.  ;D

To get the conversion bomb tech I had to build some 'armored beacons' by surrounding the beacon with shields. One of them ended up in the wrong spot and creeper appeared inside the shields ...  :-[

Neutrons  ;)
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Zaggy

This map has it all; brilliantly-designed fields, custom background (I get so tired of blue sky / brown ground), and lots of creeper to break through.  The highlight is the different patterns that the star produces.

It shouldn't be too hard to get a good score for this map, but I'd recommend doing this map after waiting 20 minutes or so.  It'll help next time you do it for time, too.

DethbyIT

Another fun map added to your collection.
Thanks,
dbit