Custom Map #1148: Cubic Deception

Started by AutoPost, May 30, 2012, 03:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1148: Cubic Deception

Author: albrittbrat

Desc:
Things are not always as they appear... I decided to exclude the gateways and make two version, as the gateways seem to make it EXPONENTIALLY harder...I'll post the hard version as soon as I can manage to beat it ;)

toastkid

Interesting map :) You seem to mess with some of the conventions of the game which i would have assumed were hard-coded, such as the

**spoiler alert** display of the maximum health of the emitters, which seems to change as you take health from them **/spoiler alert**

How'd you do that then?

teknotiss

by stacking them i suspect.
when you make a map you can stack units on top of each other.
in other maps people have had creeper emitters "change" to ac by putting a health 2 ac emitter down then a health 1 creeper emitter on top, the ac cancels the c so c emitter must be stronger.
although i haven't played this one, so i don't know for sure. ???
sorry author but the violent green was too much for me, it was giving me a headache.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

toastkid

Quote from: teknotiss on May 30, 2012, 03:22:14 PM
by stacking them i suspect.
when you make a map you can stack units on top of each other.

aha...makes sense.

teknotiss

no worries!  :D
happy to help  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

JmfR

I liked the game play of the map and the surprises but I have to agree the color was a bit rough on My eyes also

albrittbrat

Well, first of all I appreciate the feedback!
This map has been a long time in development for me. With some tips from Ebon_Heart I changed the stacking layout from a multiple C and AC emitters per location to a single C emitter with multiple AC emitters on top. The trick (and really the whole point for making this map) was to illustrate how much depth stacking can add to a map. Honestly, you could just make an entire map using one set of stacked units. I just love exploring the depth of the editor.
As you may or may not have noticed, the order in which you stack the units determines what is displayed when your cursor is hovering over them.
I am sorry that the high-contrast tiles are a turn off to people, I will switch them back to standard tiles when I upload the hard version of the map that includes gateways.

shoeface

Massive map! The stacking is an awesome idea. Can't wait for the hard version

And yay best score (for now atleast :P)