Bonus 9 Gateway

Started by cclloyd9785, July 08, 2011, 12:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

What exactly is the point of the gateway in the bottom left of Bonus Level 9?  I never saw anything come out of it.  (The one with a billion creeper above it)

Flameo326

its probably there just to get your attention for the creeper above it
My mind is a giant flame engulfing everything and knowing everything.
Obey Its Commands

lich98

some people probly didn't notice the creeper the first tim oopsß
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

J

My thoughts about this: If you have completed the level (whiteout removing that block) you'll freak out and post a bunch of forum posts because you think you've completed the level but you didn't. Does anyone have a better reason?

crazyone76

how about...... the must to destroy all the creeper in the ground
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebon Heart

I agree that it's just there to force people to dig into that 1 block of terrain. A lot of people might not do that otherwise. And if Virgil really wanted people raging on the forums... he would have replaced the gateway with a capsule. :D
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

eudrick

Or he had a Frain Bart and just plain forgot to add the phantoms and drones.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

cclloyd9785

I was scared at first and put a ton of units and shields around it cause I was scared a 1000 health drone would come out or something.

iycgtptyarvg

LOL!

I thought the creeper was coming out of the gateway!!! It's only coming out of the block?!?
So it's a fixed amount instead of an emitting amount?

This makes the level a lot easier!

Dubickimus

I put a hundred shields and a million moarters around that thing
but i still had to fall back to the chamber above it and then to the chamber with my ship.
it was aweful.

Jay the Juggernaut

I had repuslars, 2 layers of shields, and the rest of the room was mortars. same with next 2 rooms. Regardless, I still lost the first room
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P

scoin

i normally save that room for last after i get all the weapon and energy upgrades then i put 2-3 layers of shields a row of lasers and the rest mortars and all the other rooms reactors then its done in like 2 minutes

Lioncourt

I put 2 layers of shields around the dirt block, I fill the front area with lasers (Line Of Sight), the back rest of the room (out of Line Of Sight) with missiles and 1 portal, I leave 1 space by the shields to build a gate buster (forget the name), the 2 rooms (top and right) of this room I block with 2 shields each, then 2 front layers I build lasers, then fill the rest with missiles.  I have extra lasers and missiles in other rooms with portals.  I bust dirt, kill gate while my room is attacking, when I am just about out of ammo in room (and 2nd line of shields are almost toast), I move all my guns out because the creep will definitely take that room over, then while my other guns and missiles are beating the creeper, I swap them out when they run out of ammo and just keep doing that till the creeper weakens, then I move in to sweep up.
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

Measure

Just for fun, I tried to see if I could use the cyrstal-assist method to keep my energy up and clear the last chamber without losing the chamber:

Spoiler
[close]

I got very close to running out of crystal energy, but it worked:

Spoiler
[close]

crazyone76

the only thing I did was block the surounding chambers with shields and spam some launchers behind the shields so the creeper spreads in the room and becomes less dense
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!