Custom Map: The River Creep

Started by AutoPost, March 06, 2011, 10:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The River Creep

Author: CreeperNoob

Desc:
This is my first attempt at mapmaking. The creeper has created an intense river system. You must earn tech and upgrades to succeed.

snowmaker (JM)

Nice balance... very good first map  :)

CreeperNoob

I would like to know how you beat it in 19 minutes!???

Michionlion

Quote from: CreeperNoob on March 07, 2011, 06:55:16 AM

Well, he (and pretty much anybody who is fer, UpperKEES, DethbyIT, Miss Melissa, and a lot of other people i forgot) is a master at cw, and really, really good. 
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

Snowmaker is also pretty near the top of the pile ...

Michionlion

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 07, 2011, 04:12:48 PM
Snowmaker is also pretty near the top of the pile ...

read the post a bit more carefully... i did put him up there
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

DethbyIT

I actually managed to beat (JM's) score on one map - but I'm not going to tell him which one. :-X

All of the people you listed tend to do maps in about half the time I take, but I do think I have twice the fun.

dbit

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: DethbyIT on March 07, 2011, 05:49:36 PM
I actually managed to beat (JM's) score on one map - but I'm not going to tell him which one. :-X

All of the people you listed tend to do maps in about half the time I take, but I do think I have twice the fun.

dbit

I think I saw it... maybe I will try again  ;)

Quote from: Michionlion on March 07, 2011, 02:59:53 PM

Well, he (and pretty much anybody who is fer, UpperKEES, DethbyIT, Miss Melissa, and a lot of other people i forgot) is a master at cw, and really, really good. 

Thanks

CreeperNoob,
My suggestion is to build lots of energy, get the correct upgrades (depends on the map, but my first upgrade is almost always 10% less building costs). Then push when you can continue to make energy and gain area (and other units).  But most importantly, have fun!

snowmaker

DethbyIT

"But most importantly, have fun!"

Great advice - and this was one fun map. 5x5
I zigged when I should have zagged a few times, but thoroughly enjoyed playing.
Thank you.

dbit

(snowmaker - let me know when - not if - you find it and beat my score. It was an old one.)

CreeperNoob

I would welcome any tips on how to beat this map in under 20 minutes. I played it again today and can't even get to the reactor upgrade inside 15 minutes!

Cary

00:00 move Odin city right
00:10 build 4 colectors, 1 on left, 3 on right of Odin city (connect blaster technology)
00:39 upgrade build -10%, build 3 colectors to cover left side, 1 colector right
01:10 build two blasters on left side, disarm blasters until they have full ammo.
01:36 arm blasters
01:42 build collector to connect reactor upgrade
01:52 disarm blasters (last builded colector will by destroyed), one of blasters move right
01:52 build 2 reactors (see pict 1)
02:23 build 2 mortars (one left, one right side),
after 3 shots of each mortars disarm them.
03:30 build another 2 reactors  (every weapon is disarmed - check sea level, sometimes arm mortars for 2-3 shots)
04:05 build another 3 reactors
04:44 build another 4 reactors
05:24 build another 5 reactors
06:06 build another 6 reactors
06:43 build another 7 reactors  (may be better 6 reactors and 1 mortar - try it :-) )
06:43 let mortars arm
07:19 build 5 blasters and 1 mortar (disarm all)
arm blasters and fight for next hill level
08:00 build another 7 reactors
08:56 build another 11 reactors
09:23 speed packet connected - upgrade - fire range
09:52 reactors complete and you are ready to win under 15 min :-)
(see pict 2)

CreeperNoob

Thanks for the tips. I used your method and learned something, well actually, I learned a lot about improving my game and I also learned something that I already knew about myself. I am NOT a speed player. Even with your guidance it still took me 20 minutes to get down to the riverbed. Once I get playing I just enjoy over-building. Overwhelming force. Complete obliteration of the enemy is my ultimate goal. I enjoy having 60 blasters and 25 mortars.

misha

"I enjoy having 60 blasters and 25 mortars."

I'm a 60 mortar and 25 blaster kind of guy myself.

isaac32767

Well, for the non-speed player, this map is grueling. Good job. ;D

isaac32767

Quote from: CreeperNoob on March 09, 2011, 04:07:03 AM
I enjoy having 60 blasters and 25 mortars.
Maybe you enjoy all that firepower but amassing it costs you.  I'm not a speed player either, but my time is about 5 minutes better than yours -- and I did it with 2 mortars and about a dozen blasters.