Custom map

Started by JACKL, January 31, 2010, 07:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JACKL

Have you guys seen the new custom map screen?    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Karsten75

Quote from: JACKL on January 31, 2010, 07:43:49 PM
Have you guys seen the new custom map screen?    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

No, really?

Or you mean the one Virgil posted about here in Custom Maps?

Quote from: virgilw on January 31, 2010, 04:33:37 PM
First revamp is up.  I went with 5 wide and 75 total per page.   I simplified the front page info, but everything is still there.  When you click a map you go to the detail page for that map.  This may have the effect of driving more comments over time since you have to go to that page before you can download it.

I left the rating off of the main page, but it is still there on the detail page.  So a user at least has to click on the map and have a chance of reading more about it before they can rate it.

I have added the search.  It does a substring search across both the title and the description.  The author filter is still there but I sort alphabetically now.  I have removed the sort options for now.  I wasn't too happy with the map rankings being used as a sort, and the search and author filter handle most of the other use cases.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.  Now I just have to sit down later tonight and try to post 20+ maps so I can start to catch up.

If so, you are like three hours late to the party.

JACKL

lool,i feel sloooooooooow
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Aurzel