Started by AutoPost, February 05, 2012, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Fractal

Author: Graystripe77

Desc:
Have fun with this one.

CatoSterling

I couldn't figure out how to survive the first few minutes of this one.

Amine

This map is under rated. It's not too hard by definitely not something that should be labelled as trivial.

When you start, build one reactor, then 2, then 3... as the creeper approaches. Then build blasters. You need 1 on the top. 2 on the bottom and one in the middle to start with.

Build more and more reactors until you are positive in energy then you can build more blasters and then you start building you first drone. From there, it's easy to complete the map.

Graystripe77

Wow, that's a little overboard. You only need 4 blasters too survive indefinitely. After the blasters are built, THEN build reactors. Before the creeper breaks the walls extend a fourth blaster into the edge of the fractal, build more reactors, then a drone. Easy from there

CatoSterling

Hi Amine, thanks for the tip.  Yes, more than trivial.  My mistake was going for the Mortar tech too quickly, which left me with not quite enough Energy to survive when the Creeper arrived.  A fun map, once survival is assured.

Jerdog

I managed to grab the mortar and set one up on that platform while building a reactor.

You can just manage to get the first mortar shot off before the creeper gets up there.

Keep building reactors.  I used tech for energy and range.  One then two blasters to keep them off the bottom.   Lots more reactors, then a drone and 5 blasters to march down and cap off the emitter.