rennervate

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Martin Gronsdal

Hahaha!

Well, I can't just give the answer away immediately  😉

Weasee

Quote from: skykiller on September 28, 2023, 10:25:09 AMno idea how to start

A fairly broad hint: To start, you need to get a forge with fully-maxed range capability. So you need to charge up those totems. That's quite tricky on this map!
Hint:
Spoiler
You can fly your CN past the totems, but even 25 energy isn't enough to get fully-maxed range.
So you need to somehow use the guppies (and perhaps something else) to get a bit more juice into the totems.
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

That's why I didn't give any hints earlier as I expected Weasee to spend 3 seconds looking at my map, to find the answer.

Weasee

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 29, 2023, 05:02:28 AMThat's why I didn't give any hints earlier as I expected Weasee to spend 3 seconds looking at my map, to find the answer.

well, it was a bit longer than that on this map for me!

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Weasee on September 29, 2023, 05:06:34 AM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 29, 2023, 05:02:28 AMThat's why I didn't give any hints earlier as I expected Weasee to spend 3 seconds looking at my map, to find the answer.

so how did you attack this?

Weasee

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 29, 2023, 09:16:15 AM

Phase1: charge the totems enough
Spoiler
This was the hardest part. I found just a guppy landing in the creep next to the CN as it went past wasn't enough, I needed another unit to bridge the gap, so the CN was closer to the totems. Then some fiddly flying back and forth. But even that wasn't enough, so I used the second mass driver to make another landing pad in the middle at the bottom, and moving the CN towards that allowed it to stay connected to the totems/guppy just long enough to charge to the required levels
[close]
Phase2: establish base at the bottom, get artifacts
Spoiler
This wasn't hard. Rebuild the forge here, use the fully ranged terp to get to the PZ, some more tricky flying to get a collector bridge to the PZ and build a nullifier there - but don't nullify the inhibitor yet!
[close]
Phase3: harvest AC
Spoiler
The bickford patch at the top seems to be a distraction, couldn't see how to make that work. So instead I used the berthas to clear the creep next to the totems, make a landing spot and send some guppies. Use the singularity a few times north of the central emitter to create a creep vortex, and land a sprayer there to collect the AC when the creep overflows. Repeat until the CN has stored 600 AC.
[close]
Phase4: win!
Spoiler
The easy but long part: kill the inhibitor, build a set of guppies to transport the AC to the top. Fill up the core - it would be better if this core could fill quickly - there was nothing to do but wait at this stage!
[close]

question:
Spoiler
Is it possible to use the bickford patches at the top on this map? Was that your design?
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Weasee on September 29, 2023, 08:25:35 PM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 29, 2023, 09:16:15 AM

Phase1: charge the totems enough
Spoiler
This was the hardest part. I found just a guppy landing in the creep next to the CN as it went past wasn't enough, I needed another unit to bridge the gap, so the CN was closer to the totems. Then some fiddly flying back and forth. But even that wasn't enough, so I used the second mass driver to make another landing pad in the middle at the bottom, and moving the CN towards that allowed it to stay connected to the totems/guppy just long enough to charge to the required levels
[close]
Phase2: establish base at the bottom, get artifacts
Spoiler
This wasn't hard. Rebuild the forge here, use the fully ranged terp to get to the PZ, some more tricky flying to get a collector bridge to the PZ and build a nullifier there - but don't nullify the inhibitor yet!
[close]
Phase3: harvest AC
Spoiler
The bickford patch at the top seems to be a distraction, couldn't see how to make that work. So instead I used the berthas to clear the creep next to the totems, make a landing spot and send some guppies. Use the singularity a few times north of the central emitter to create a creep vortex, and land a sprayer there to collect the AC when the creep overflows. Repeat until the CN has stored 600 AC.
[close]
Phase4: win!
Spoiler
The easy but long part: kill the inhibitor, build a set of guppies to transport the AC to the top. Fill up the core - it would be better if this core could fill quickly - there was nothing to do but wait at this stage!
[close]

question:
Spoiler
Is it possible to use the bickford patches at the top on this map? Was that your design?
[close]

So, many thanks for this explanation. Last question: it could be a distraction as well.

However, from your solution I can see that I made one crucial mistake, and the worst part is that I actually thought of it while designing the map!

Anyway, you are like water finding your way anywhere  😉

Thanks for playing

Weasee

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 30, 2023, 04:08:15 AMHowever, from your solution I can see that I made one crucial mistake, and the worst part is that I actually thought of it while designing the map!

"Mistakes" though lead to multiple solutions - which in my opinion - make a map much more fun!