Custom Map #10105: Octopus Dog. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, June 11, 2022, 05:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10105: Octopus Dog

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 230x230

Desc:
defend against the attacking Octopus Dog, that neither is a dog, nor an octopus. It doesn't have a dog's snout and only five tentacles, but it's very angry and no one knows why. So... so just defend and do your best. Map is heavily influenced by Alex, although it's nothing like His maps.

Helper

OctoDog?
DogTopus?

OK. Survived the first test and didn't realize that next run of Spores was going to be a little more substantial.
More coffee is indicated at this point.
Thanks,
H

Martin Gronsdal

skip beer, get the vodka. It doesn't matter it's Russian. Or... maybe go straight for the Tequila....

Weasee

I have to say this is pretty misleading.. Octopus Dog doesn't attack at all!!! Seems a friendly chap, defending the lower run against the THE ALMIGHTY FLOOD OH MY GOD IT WONT STOP

Helper

All morning I've been trying to remember the name of that really old James Bond movie...and it just won't come to me.
Octocat, or something like that.

rennervate

With a lot of help from Martin I was able to do it after 30 tantrums...
At my age and with my blood pressure, you have to think about playing Martin's maps  :P
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Martin Gronsdal

nottootricky

OK I admit defeat. Enjoyed this a lot but can't for the life of me work out how to get the central techs to complete it. Managed to nullify the inhibitor after a long slog but i'm obviously missing something. Can someone put me out of my misery please?!

Weasee

Quote from: nottootricky on June 18, 2022, 06:25:11 PM
OK I admit defeat. Enjoyed this a lot but can't for the life of me work out how to get the central techs to complete it. Managed to nullify the inhibitor after a long slog but i'm obviously missing something. Can someone put me out of my misery please?!
you need to build a collector by flying your CN over that spot, and the CN needs some energy stored up. (CNs can build while flying). But first you need to terp the spot flat, so you need to get your attack distance maxed on the forge so the strategically placed terp can reach it

Martin Gronsdal

What Weasee said and...
Spoiler
you probably have to fly south first, if you fly west first, than I don't think tou will ever reach that spot, unless you terp north east afther terping spot for collector...
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

In other words
Spoiler
you can't move terp before you can terp landingspot and that island for the collector. Then, either fly south to pick up or fly west to get that north west pickup, but then be prepared to make landingpad north to be able to pick up the two pickups near the totems...
[close]

nottootricky

Quote from: Weasee on June 18, 2022, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: nottootricky on June 18, 2022, 06:25:11 PM
you need to build a collector by flying your CN over that spot, and the CN needs some energy stored up. (CNs can build while flying). But first you need to terp the spot flat, so you need to get your attack distance maxed on the forge so the strategically placed terp can reach it

Aahhhhh dagnabbit. Of course I completely forgot that I had moved the terp to help the beginning. Now it makes sense that it only took me ten restarts to survive one of Martin's maps! Thanks for the pointer. And thanks to Martin for these maps.

Martin Gronsdal