Custom Map #6495: CSM-39. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, September 14, 2018, 12:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6495: CSM-39

Author: yum234
Size: 240x190

Desc:
Cornucanis Style Map. As usual 1 heght of terrain corresponds to 50. #BravoCornucanis #GoodLuck

toolforger

Normally I like the Cornucanis-style map, but this one not so much.
Green was hairy&frustrating, I had to build walls and fire the totems just to advance a handful of squares here and a handful there, until I got the upper hand.
Blue, on the other hand, played itself, all I had to do was open the floodgates and wait.
(I'm having trouble firing totems so the have just the effect I want. I cannot see where the area of effect ends, and I am not sure whether the effect varies with distance from center of impact. Maybe that's the reason why I'm having trouble.)

SleutelMan

I actually quite enjoyed this map. Took me a few attempts but didn't need the particle cannon. It has all to do with the order in which you flood certain areas. Took me a few attempts to figure it out. I was careful not to flood any anti-powerups, I found out that my method doesn't work if only one of them is activated (leads to a stall once you try to flood the blue gates).

Twi

I had to use the singularity a couple of times, some of the emitters were quite stubborn and refused to be overwhelmed. But once I handled those stubborn emitters, the rest wasn't too bad.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

Game designed so that not needed to use singularity weapon to win.

Small hint:

In some case you can build wall, wait some time and accumulate anti-creeper and then destroy wall. This can helps to flip some emitters where you used singularity.

Good luck!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

I've again hit a brick wall on this one, can't progress without singularity. Got a couple of walls I have tried to take down but no avail, tried to take the top left island through the yellow gate but wouldn't budge.

yum-forum

Hello, D0m0nik!  :)

Yah! My bad! I created puzzle game where important the sequence of actions of the player.

Hint:

Spoiler
Top left part of map is very important. You can take the top left island through the yellow gate, but at the more early stage when you still have additional anti-creeper in the initial big lake.
Open yellow gate, accumulate about 120K anti-creeper. Open wall and take 1 flip emitters. Then again accumulate anti-creeper and take 2 flip emitters. The last series of emitters better to take when obtain enough positive multiplicator towers so that power of flipped emitters will be about 165K. Do not forget to build wall between yellow gate and 3 flipped emitters.
Good luck!  :)
[close]
last

Ensiege

I found it easier to take red, then yellow, then green (with the help of the green floodgates in top left), then pink, then blue, strictly in that order.  But there might be a better way, I'm nearly 7 minutes behind the top score, even using the singularity to help move things along.

Also hi Yum234!  You are the only reason I came back to CW3 after I got hooked on your maps in PFE!  We miss you there.

yum-forum

Thanks!  :)

I leaved from PF and CW2 because of my PC troubles. And find that with helps of Cornucanis, Kajacx and Grabz possible to create quite interesting maps in CW3! 

P.S. Just uploaded new KISS PAC map. Play As Creeper mode, but with very interesting features where digitals and runners can go through stargates!  :D
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum